judge rules 3 year old can fish

kickingfrog

IMHO and from my experience, taking a 3, 4 , 5 or even 6 year old fishing usually decreases your chance of catching. You spend more time helping and catering to the needs of the child. This results in you (the experienced angler) concentrating considerably less on your own fishing.

Edited by Old Man

IMHO and from my experience, taking a 3, 4 , 5 or even 6 year old fishing usually decreases your chance of catching. You spend more time helping and catering to the needs of the child. This results in you (the experience angler) concentrating considerably less on your own fishing.

DING DING DING

WINNER

IMHO and from my experience, taking a 3, 4 , 5 or even 6 year old fishing usually decreases your chance of catching. You spend more time helping and catering to the needs of the child. This results in you (the experienced angler) concentrating considerably less on your own fishing.

true. But how else are you gonna teach you kids to fish? Small price IMHO

true. But how else are you gonna teach you kids to fish? Small price IMHO

Very true. I made this the comment for the ones who think that people that take kids fishing are trying to increase their catch. Those who think that, have never fished with a kid.

Edited by Old Man

Very true. I made this the comment for the ones who think that people that take kids fishing are trying to increase their catch. Those who think that, have never fished with a kid.

Some obviously do, some don't. There's absolutely no denying that. When I take my nieces and nephew out, I don't even think I wet a line, lol. Cause it's non stop action, questions, what's this, what's that, why are we doing this, let's go fish over there, why are there no fish Uncle Bill, Uncle Bill I don't wanna touch the fish but I'll touch the worms, I'm thirsty, I gotta go pee, am I allowed to pee in the lake?, etc etc :) :)

Edited by BillM

You can still have regulations without making it illegal, they did before. With all the taxes generated by the sport fishing industry why do they need the money from licences. I wouldn't be suprised if it cost more to administrate and enforce than they take in, and if not it's still a waste of $.

You guys crack me up..If my Daughter is with me fishing no matter what the age and we are following the law. If her line catches a slot (keeper) fish its going in the pail..I dont care who reeled it in. I have been fishing with kids 70% of the time I fish I have raised 3 kids now..We keep everything we legally can. Nothing gets them more interested in the sport then eating the catch..Even if they couldn't reel it in alone..Do you know how many time I heard " daddy I need help"? Does that mean the fish has to go back, so the do gooders don't get offended by us filling our slot? lol whatever this place cracks me up sometimes..

You guys crack me up..If my Daughter is with me fishing no matter what the age and we are following the law. If her line catches a slot (keeper) fish its going in the pail..I dont care who reeled it in. I have been fishing with kids 70% of the time I fish I have raised 3 kids now..We keep everything we legally can. Nothing gets them more interested in the sport then eating the catch..Even if they couldn't reel it in alone..Do you know how many time I heard " daddy I need help"? Does that mean the fish has to go back, so the do gooders don't get offended by us filling our slot? lol whatever this place cracks me up sometimes..

Thank you.

If you ask my kids what they want for dinner, they will say fish fry almost every time.

Keeping some fish for dinner is a big part of the reason we fish.....

S.

but it 's still the law if both people reel it in

much like the guy who batted the muskie

who cares they eat pickerel so kill them

and it's just like smoking pot, everyone does it.... right

I guess almost everyone have their own moral center on what laws a to be obeyed and which can be ignored

lol

in ontario

it's not the rods

it's who reels it in

if you reel it in for your kid it counts against both daily limits, so you don't get to take the extra fish

if it is a handicap person then you can reel or help reel and not have it count against your limit

Where in the regs does it say this? I just want to read it myself so I'm clear. Does it count against the guy who nets the fish too?

Edited by G.mech

lol

I just checked and can't see anything , but I did have a CO tell me it counted against my limit when I helped reel in a pike for a young kid I had in my boat.. I told him cool. I don't have time to use my own rod today anyways.

what rules they put in the summary changes from year to year, doesn't change the law if you don;t see it in the summary

and I am ok, you can have help landing the fish

but it 's still the law if both people reel it in

much like the guy who batted the muskie

who cares they eat pickerel so kill them

and it's just like smoking pot, everyone does it.... right

I guess almost everyone have their own moral center on what laws a to be obeyed and which can be ignored

No offense Terry buy I could care less if its law or not if I help reel in a kids fish..Really I dont care.That fish is ours if Its legal and were not over our limit.. .As for smoking pot where and when... :clapping:

Edited by tb4me

Ok, so if I'm a charter capn. and I take a group out salmon fishing, if I grab the released rod, reel in the slack and hand it to a client the fish goes on bothe our limmits. I can do this till my limmit is filled then I must stop fishing and can no longer drive the boat or assist in the act of fishing in any way. Right .

If I throw the front of the fish back in the water while he holds on the tail does that mean I released mine while he kept his?