judge rules 3 year old can fish

kickingfrog

Ok, so if I'm a charter capn. and I take a group out salmon fishing, if I grab the released rod, reel in the slack and hand it to a client the fish goes on bothe our limmits. I can do this till my limmit is filled then I must stop fishing and can no longer drive the boat or assist in the act of fishing in any way. Right .

If I throw the front of the fish back in the water while he holds on the tail does that mean I released mine while he kept his?

that would fall under the commercial fishery act cause he gets paid and has a license to do so

how the hell would I know, I just make it up as I go

lol

Simply if the child is actually fishing no problem with the extra lines.

If the child has wondered off to play or asleep than pull the extra lines.

I've seen a few claim their baby asleep in a car seat justifies an extra line.

baby in a car seat??? People actually bring babies out on the ice and place them in a car seat? Wow. Or am i reading that out of context? Edited by manitoubass2

but it 's still the law if both people reel it in

much like the guy who batted the muskie

who cares they eat pickerel so kill them

and it's just like smoking pot, everyone does it.... right

I guess almost everyone have their own moral center on what laws a to be obeyed and which can be ignored

I am not sure, but I have a suspicion that if called 5 different CO's we would get 5 different answers, because it absolutely is NOT nor has ever been in the regulations as to which is right. That anyone has been to show when it has come up. All it says is you can not party fish... LOL

I have heard people say they have been told what Terry says is absolutely correct by a CO saying you best put that fish back or I am going to start writing....

Then I have seen shoving matches that almost became fist fights because other people have said it is the person's fish who sets the hook's fish, because it is their rod in the eyes of the law... They also have had to release a fish on their child's line or pay a fine for being over their limit. :dunno:

The interesting thing is the people who agreed with Terry said it happened on Simcoe on the ice, and the people willing to punch it out said the opposite happened when they were ice fishing at Longpoint on Erie. Me I just kept quiet and wished I had some popcorn, and wondered to myself why don't CO's ever get together and decide how exactly they are going to do things?

Edited by Canuck2fan

baby in a car seat??? People actually bring babies out on the ice and place them in a car seat? Wow. Or am i reading that out of context?

Yes I've seen it in heated huts & also during openwater fishing.

And yes some have tried to justify extra rods due to the babies being there.