Seafoam - The miracle solution for outboards

Regan Thompson

I don't normally preach a product but in this case (it's so good!) I have no choice...

Case study: We had 6 outboard, 9.9 engines out of service at our lodge (thought I was going to have to take them to my mechanic $$$$)

• A friend of mine recommended Seafoam hailing it as "a miracle for small engines". I laughed!
  • I picked up a can for ~$8 at Canadian Tire
  • We sprayed Seafoam in the air filter of each motor while running them at high RPM
  • Each and every motor ran perfectly afterwards!
  • Some that used to vibrate heavily stopped vibrating all together!
  • We continued to winterize by removing spark plugs and spraying in each cylinder before putting them down.
  • I gave it to another neighbor who was having problems with his Kawasaki Mule.. used it and now the Mule runs perfectly!
  • My mechanic once told me that 90% of engine problems are bad gas related and I never totally believed him, this seems to work anyway!

Seafoam is awesome and I use all their products and have for years !!!! It works in everything including my snowmobile snowblower weedeater you name it !!!!! It's great stuff and regularly run it in my 50hp Yamaha four stroke outboard !!!! It was just on sale in Canadian tire this week for $10.99 a can !!!!

Seafoam is awesome and I use all their products and have for years !!!! It works in everything including my snowmobile snowblower weedeater you name it !!!!! It's great stuff and regularly run it in my 50hp Yamaha four stroke outboard !!!! It was just on sale in Canadian tire this week for $10.99 a can !!!!

How often do you use it throughout the year?

I use Stabil every 3rd tank or so.

I use it for various uses in my outboard, snow blower, weed eater, lawn mower, etc...........

X2

Outboard, lawnmower, snowblower, weed eater and chainsaw every time I have to refill a container.

Five ounces in my 25 litre outboard tank. (usually only once a season)

Three ounces for a 10 litre can. (lawnmower/snowblower)

Couple of ounces in my five litre cans for my weed eater and chainsaw.

Usually dump in a whole can in each my vehicles gas tanks when I change my oil and filter.

Keeps everything purring like a kitten.

I stock up when CTC puts it on sale. Always keep a couple of cans on hand.

So for my I/O,this Sunday is it.I usually flog,add the red stabilizer(wrong kind,but it is a V8). Does the sea foam comes in a liquid version?,and will it last like 6-8 months through the tank?,Great thread,sorry to hi jack a bit.Would like to add something before Sundays run.Thanks.

Edited by davey buoy

Regan as for the dewinterizing process make sure to use the Seafoam liquid additive in the gas tanks every tank or two. The spray is good for the air passages but it is the liquid that will clean the floats, seats and needles of the carburetor.

Art

Yes, it comes in a liquid. Thats all I use. Napa still has the sale going, I bought a case. I use it as a stabilizer in every tank of gas I put in the boat. Great stuff for sure, I use it on all my 2 stroke equipment, and most 4 strokes too. Awesome in my weed eater and chainsaws.

S.

Big Seafoam addict here too. It goes into all of my piston driven possessions regularly. And you can't use too much either. Every spring I run a 50/50 solution through my 2001 60 merc and it's run like a sewing machine ever since. Never have I added fuel stabilizer, and my off season is 8 months long.

Spray is good for winterizing/summerizing carbs and plugs, and the liquid is good for pouring straight into your gas tanks.

Just curious, why do some of you run stabil in their tanks while you're still going thru gas? The only thing that comes to mind is ethanol treatment?

If you're NOT using some form of fuel stabilizer/ethanol treatment...You're doing it wrong!

or you have a portable tank and dump any unused fuel from the boat in the car

i only use stabil to winterize, don't see the point of using it during the summer and havent thought of a reason to use seafoam in my 40 4-stroke. my motor gets fresh fuel every time out.

or you have a portable tank and dump any unused fuel from the boat in the car

i only use stabil to winterize, don't see the point of using it during the summer and havent thought of a reason to use seafoam in my 40 4-stroke. my motor gets fresh fuel every time out.

Except for the stuff in your carbs/injectors...