1st frost

lew

Any idea how the water temps are? They never got that warm in the first place, but I've wondered if they're cooling faster than in past years with the cool nights we've had.

Sturgeon Lake was 59 to 65 F this morning. Fog moved in about 7 ish and we couldn't see more than 50 yards at times. Fishing was fantastic because of the company but the catching was really slow. Talked to a couple of other boats and they were having the same luck as we were. We did end up with a couple of big sun fish and a few perch.

Tried worms, minnows, spinners, jigs (and a few combinations) and all sorts of different locations. Might have some lunch and give it another go!

Favourite time of the year. Beautiful colours, less people on the water, no bugs, comfortable temperatures, game in the woods and wetlands. I wish it could last for an extra couple of months.

I agree with everything you said Rob, this time of year is beautiful for all of your reasons.

Favourite time of the year. Beautiful colours, less people on the water, no bugs, comfortable temperatures, game in the woods and wetlands. I wish it could last for an extra couple of months.

X2. Mid Sept to mid October pretty much my favorite 4 weeks of the year.

Thx for posting the frost heads up Lew. Anyone know if Bobcaygeon got touched? Never made it to the cottage this weekend and I'm just curious if a frost might have got Debbe's Planter baskets outside.

. I agree for sure but don't forget about big fish time of year too especially walleyes & brown bass !!!! Woo hoo

Dang :wallbash::wallbash: I look forward to them things croaking every fall so we are done babysitting them for the year.

Thx for letting me know Cliff...much appreciated.

OK, I get the hint my friend, by the next time you come up there will be nothing but brown stuff left in those planters, I have some stuff! :ninja: No need to thank me, I know you'd do the same for me!!!!!! :whistling:

Sturgeon Lake was 59 to 65 F this morning. Fog moved in about 7 ish and we couldn't see more than 50 yards at times. Fishing was fantastic because of the company but the catching was really slow. Talked to a couple of other boats and they were having the same luck as we were. We did end up with a couple of big sun fish and a few perch.

Tried worms, minnows, spinners, jigs (and a few combinations) and all sorts of different locations. Might have some lunch and give it another go!

Here is a picture of the fog forming off the lake as we were approaching our spot early in the morning. It started off like this, but I think the air got colder as the morning went on then it was total fog all over the lake in no time. Finger tips were getting cold fishing, went to wash my hands in the water and the water warmed my hands up nice.

Agreed on the good company and nice calm fresh air.