My NEW/OLD BABY

asdve23rveavwa

It's been a busy year, so, haven't posted anything in awhile. So, first off a big hello to everyone I know on the forum!!!

Five years ago, almost to the day, I purchased my 2009 Legend Prosport that has been featured in many of my reports. After some serious discussion with the better half (FisherJuli on the board) I decided an "upgrade" was in order.

To get the boat I wanted I needed to go a bit older than the 2009, but, still wanted a reliable machine. The requirements were full windshield, electric start, tilt, trim...slightly larger, more HP. If a bow mount trolling motor and/or stand up cover were included, so much the better! About a month ago I found her.

Ironically I ended up getting a Legend again. I sent a bunch of messages back and forth to Henry, whom many of you know works for Legend, who gave me the "thumbs up" on this boat.

Anyways, enough, babbling....here she is, 2003 Legend All Sport 151 with same year 30 HP four stroke Mercury. Enough boat and HP for my requirements. Took her up to Happy Day Lodge for the last week in August, and, we loved her!!

Legend2003_zps67fa848c.jpg

NewLegendthree_zpsd96b0c5f.jpg

Legendinthemist_zps40fc7773.jpg

NewLegendfive_zps15af0a1d.jpg

NewLegendHappy_zpse6cf3df3.jpg

That last pic says it all...I am one HAPPY man!!

I'll try and post a few reports of our recent fishing adventures + Juli and I still owe a photojournal of this year's Fish-A-Thon for a Cure event.

Cheers,

Frank

This is the same boat I have. I bought it new in 2003 I am extremely satisfied with the boat but not really on the Legend support on the rivets.

Ask me anything you if you have questions.

Some Key things.

#1. The boat is riveted and they sort of went light on the rivets at the front. I had to take it back to the dealer in Barrier and have new rivets added and some reset.

There are few that are located it areas that are inaccessible unless you really do some major work. These ones have JB weld. The leak proof warranty is NOT lifetime on this boat!!

#2 The front casting deck is a major pain in the @$$ funny they fixed the issue in the later models. Casting and you can easily fall backwards first thing you grab is the windshield.

See how I solved this happy ever since and the extra storage really helps.

April17st043Small_zps1dfd4f54.jpg

April17st046_zps65ca58fb.jpg

April17st042_zpsa34d079c.jpg

Thanks for the comments, guys!

That cover looks sweet....

It is beyond sweet, Mike. Worth it's weight in gold on rainy days.

This is the same boat I have. I bought it new in 2003 I am extremely satisfied with the boat but not really on the Legend support on the rivets.

Ask me anything you if you have questions.

Some Key things.

#1. The boat is riveted and they sort of went light on the rivets at the front. I had to take it back to the dealer in Barrier and have new rivets added and some reset.

There are few that are located it areas that are inaccessible unless you really do some major work. These ones have JB weld. The leak proof warranty is NOT lifetime on this boat!!

#2 The front casting deck is a major pain in the @$$ funny they fixed the issue in the later models. Casting and you can easily fall backwards first thing you grab is the windshield.

See how I solved this happy ever since and the extra storage really helps.

April17st043Small_zps1dfd4f54.jpg

April17st046_zps65ca58fb.jpg

April17st042_zpsa34d079c.jpg

Thanks, LeXXington. I know who to talk to! The week we were fishing, I pretty much used the casting deck the whole time, Juli and/or the boys fished out of the back. I never used it as a standing platform, sat on my "throne" as Juli dubbed it, running the bow mount troller with my foot. I LOVED it up there, no problems at all, but, the changes you made are pretty sweet. One knock on the boat is definitely storage. Just the one small compartment under the driver seat, but, it is something I can live with.

Edited by FRANKIE65

Frank,

She looks good, love the cover and I bet it came in handy last week. You will get years of enjoyment out of her unless you get 2 foot syndrome. I am sure that made things easier getting around on the big lake. Glad to hear you guys had a great trip

I know exactly where ever one of those pictures were taken! Can't wait to get back up.

Frank,

She looks good, love the cover and I bet it came in handy last week. You will get years of enjoyment out of her unless you get 2 foot syndrome. I am sure that made things easier getting around on the big lake. Glad to hear you guys had a great trip

I know exactly where ever one of those pictures were taken! Can't wait to get back up.

Thanks Kris!! Like I said, I'll try and post a report when I get a bit more time. As you know, we had another fantastic time up there. The boat definitely moves us around quicker, and, gives us more options on that fairly large body of water.

Just a note on storage.. You can buy a $1.50 Cork from home depot that fits the live well "Out Flow".

Put the plug in the live well, cork on the "outflow" extra dry storage.. You need the live well reach over just remove cork ready to go.

Great tip!!

Congrats Sir. You must be as happy as a kid Christmas morning. Nice looking boat. My stand up top is a really nice thing to have. Keeps that cold wind and rain out spring and fall and mine can be used as a bimini to keep the Sun off the noggin perchin in the summer when there isn't a breath of air to help stay cool.

When I got my first real boat after going 23 years boatless I would turn the light on outside in the middle of the night to make sure I wasn't dreaming to look at the new to me Lund, and would giggle like a little boy. I cam hear my lady still "Johnny come to bed no one stole your baby"

LeXXington. The guy that owned my boat did the same thing to make that casting deck bigger. He even got carpeting from Starcraft to match perfectly. I store my anchor under it out of the way. When guys see mine they redo there bows to get that extra foot or so that really helps big time.

Thanks, again, guys! Seems like we are all in agreement...the stand up covers are amazing. My first experience with one was in Spincast's old Starcraft. Finding a boat that I wanted that came with one, really was a bonus! Just ask, Juli, the boys or our dog Jinger, lol!!

As for me, I still throw on the rain gear and fish from the front deck running the bow mount Minn Kota.