tb4me

please stop the shootout madness. You may as well flip a coin to decide who wins.

did anyone read the statistics that the AHL was able to reduce the number of games decided by shootout from 15% to 5%....OT winners are so so so much more exciting than a skills comp.

Jealousy will get you nowhere!

:rofl2:

Yep i know. I wish I had a lifetime gift card to McDolands too. Lot of good that will do you as a professional athlete.

Vegas will be such an interesting situation. 'Recorded attendance for tonight's game 18 000.' (Pans to crowd, 600 people in seats).

The hotels will snap up the season tickets and boxes as gifts for their high rollers but no one will go. No one goes to Vegas to see hockey.

please stop the shootout madness. You may as well flip a coin to decide who wins.

did anyone read the statistics that the AHL was able to reduce the number of games decided by shootout from 15% to 5%....OT winners are so so so much more exciting than a skills comp.

agreed, why play the game in the first place if its going to be decided by a skills comp

Yep i know. I wish I had a lifetime gift card to McDolands too. Lot of good that will do you as a professional athlete.

Vegas will be such an interesting situation. 'Recorded attendance for tonight's game 18 000.' (Pans to crowd, 600 people in seats).

The hotels will snap up the season tickets and boxes as gifts for their high rollers but no one will go. No one goes to Vegas to see hockey.

I have friends in BC and Alaska that fly to Vegas to watch hockey.

They are big ECHL fans (Alaska Aces and Victoria Salmon Kings) and go down to watch them play against the Las Vegas Wranglers ECHL team. The turn outs @ the games down there are quite good.

Well until this year. The owners of the arena decided they weren't going to renew their lease so the team doesn't have a home.

That is being fixed now and they will be back next season. ;)

Get rid of the shoot outs. Hockey is a team game and the 3 on 3 will be end to end and way more exciting than the shoot out.

You haven't missed anything HH, that's the inconsistency of the NHL when it comes to their stars.

So Kadri gets four games and Ovi gets nothing for virtually the same hit. What am I missing?

HH

You're not missing anything, the NHL apparently is though. I can't believe Ovi didn't get suspended for his hit on Komarov.

shoot-outs were a novel idea when they first started. But I think the fad has run its course. I think you have have misquoted the numbers above too. I believe it was the NHL decides 2/3 of its extra fun games by shootouts, and the AHL solves 2/3 of their extra time games in OT. 3on 3 is still hockey, and I think it needs to be introduced. I'd be fine with ties too, though. anything to avoid the shootout. Also, the random 3 point games need to go away. Either all games produce three points, or there is no loser point in overtime.

I can't explain the Ovechkin/Kadri thing either, but it probably has something to do with protecting their stars. There'd be no point in going to a game in Washington if Ovechkin wasn't playing.

Why is it always hockey that wants to dick around with the fundamental rules of a great game....shootout 4 vs 4 now 3 vs 3 crazy....lets make the nets bigger say the size of a soccer net and use 2 goalies and 2 pucks at the same time....or how about one designated player can go where ever he wants on the ice no off side no clearing the zone do what ever you want ( Phil would love that)....anybody else have any stupid ideas to throw out there????

Bring back old time hockey and forget the Bull!!!

Oh and by the way there has always been 2 sets of rules in the NHL when it comes to how certain players are treated...

Edited by lookinforwalleye

Why is it always hockey that wants to dick around with the fundamental rules of a great game....shootout 4 vs 4 now 3 vs 3 crazy....lets make the nets bigger say the size of a soccer net and use 2 goalies and 2 pucks at the same time....or how about one designated player can go where ever he wants on the ice no off side no clearing the zone do what ever you want ( Phil would love that)....anybody else have any stupid ideas to throw out there????

Bring back old time hockey and forget the Bull!!!

Oh and by the way there has always been 2 sets of rules in the NHL when it comes to how certain players are treated...

So no more forward passes then? Be careful what you wish for, lol

Despite all the rhetoric in http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=76038&page=130&do=findComment&comment=904758

does anyone realize or remember that Lord Stanley's Cup has not been won by a Canadian Team since 1993 !!!??? LAST CENTURY!! Heck, some of the youngsters here weren't even born yet.

I for one, will put my allegiance aside and put my support behind any CANADIAN team that can bring The Cup home (even though Stanley lives in Toronto).

Lots of great hockey happening outside of TML land in the coming weeks :)

Edited by pikeslayer

Wow, that is hard to believe....I still don't like the Sens but I guess I can cheer for the Canucks or the Habs given the circumstances. I would love to see Winnipeg and Calgary make the playoffs but they really aren't a contender just yet...

Hey watch it lookingforwalley, ( Phil would love that). that's my line.

Phil is -1 for tonight already and is now officially tied for last place in +/- in the league.

I'm with ya on the old style hockey. Way too many stupid rules. Broken sticks? If a $500 stick can't take a beating , tough. Get an old fashion piece of lumber and those could take a beating. Puck over the boards, who cares, most of the time it's accidental. Play hockey.

Now having said all that, I did like the closer blue line in the world championship games. I think the NHL blue line is too far from the net. Just my 2 cents.

Hey watch it lookingforwalley, ( Phil would love that). that's my line.

Phil is -1 for tonight already and is now officially tied for last place in +/- in the league.

I'm with ya on the old style hockey. Way too many stupid rules. Broken sticks? If a $500 stick can't take a beating , tough. Get an old fashion piece of lumber and those could take a beating. Puck over the boards, who cares, most of the time it's accidental. Play hockey.

Now having said all that, I did like the closer blue line in the world championship games. I think the NHL blue line is too far from the net. Just my 2 cents.

For shooting the puck over the glass I think it should just be like an icing. Faceoff and the defensive team cant make a line change.