tb4me

Sad news. And also heard that MR. HOCKEY could be next. 3 stroke. Sad sad sad.

Nice game byes.

Actually he didn't have another stroke.

It was reported last night as well.

It looks as though he was suffering from dehydration and was exhausted.

Supposed to go home today or tomorrow if he keeps improving.

How many of you laffites will be tuning in for the retiring of a future hall of famer in Daniel Alfredson? I bet you guys will miss him eh?

:clapping:

Alfie was a great player, although I feel bad for him he had to spend his career in Ottawa!

The diff between the Leafs and the Canadiens! From today's Star

“(Montreal’s ownership) always showed respect for the key guys,” said Dick Duff, 78.
Duff would know. He played on two Stanley Cup-winning teams in Toronto before he found his way to Montreal, where he shared a line with Béliveau in the midst of a championship-soaked run that saw Duff win four more rings.
“(Montreal) always did it right. So the (players) go there and say, ‘This team respects me. And if nothing else, if we didn’t get all the cash in the world, we got respect,’” said Duff. “And here (in Toronto) they ignored that. I don’t want to be too (negative). But ... there were all kinds of guys who won (multiple) Cups in Toronto. There are all kinds of people in Toronto who don’t know who Harry Watson was, Sid Smith, Howie Meeker, Jimmy Thompson, Turk Broda — they won (multiple) Cups, for crying out loud.”
Current ownership, it should be said, has done an admirable enough job trying to change that. But the course was hard to correct. Duff pointed to Ted Kennedy, recently immortalized with a bronze statue on Toronto’s new Legends Row, who died in 2009 to modest attention, even though he was a team captain during the franchise’s dynasty of the 1940s and 1950s. Kennedy was known as a classy man, a charitable person, a team leader and an all-time great. His funeral in Port Colborne wasn’t a grand thing for the multitudes.
“I remember when Teeder Kennedy died -— I think (the Leafs) sent one or two guys (to the funeral),” said Bob Nevin, who played on two of Toronto’s Cup-winning teams of the 1960s. “They just sort of passed it off. And he was maybe one of the top three or four players in the history of the Maple Leafs without a doubt. I was sort of half shocked they didn’t at least get the alumni, get a bus and take 20 guys down.”

The diff between the Leafs and the Canadiens! From today's Star

“(Montreal’s ownership) always showed respect for the key guys,” said Dick Duff, 78.

Duff would know. He played on two Stanley Cup-winning teams in Toronto before he found his way to Montreal, where he shared a line with Béliveau in the midst of a championship-soaked run that saw Duff win four more rings.

“(Montreal) always did it right. So the (players) go there and say, ‘This team respects me. And if nothing else, if we didn’t get all the cash in the world, we got respect,’” said Duff. “And here (in Toronto) they ignored that. I don’t want to be too (negative). But ... there were all kinds of guys who won (multiple) Cups in Toronto. There are all kinds of people in Toronto who don’t know who Harry Watson was, Sid Smith, Howie Meeker, Jimmy Thompson, Turk Broda — they won (multiple) Cups, for crying out loud.”

Current ownership, it should be said, has done an admirable enough job trying to change that. But the course was hard to correct. Duff pointed to Ted Kennedy, recently immortalized with a bronze statue on Toronto’s new Legends Row, who died in 2009 to modest attention, even though he was a team captain during the franchise’s dynasty of the 1940s and 1950s. Kennedy was known as a classy man, a charitable person, a team leader and an all-time great. His funeral in Port Colborne wasn’t a grand thing for the multitudes.

“I remember when Teeder Kennedy died -— I think (the Leafs) sent one or two guys (to the funeral),” said Bob Nevin, who played on two of Toronto’s Cup-winning teams of the 1960s. “They just sort of passed it off. And he was maybe one of the top three or four players in the history of the Maple Leafs without a doubt. I was sort of half shocked they didn’t at least get the alumni, get a bus and take 20 guys down.”

Interesting and believable,you mentioned a lot of GREAT players I have not heard in a while.Thanks .