Take the signs down ESSA TWNSP. Enough already.

misfish

I questioned the legality of the fee when it was first announced. They township said they could charge me while I was in my canoe using a navigable waterway. I told them were they could put their fee and haven't fished or hunted there since. They'll never miss me but some of the businesses might and that's too bad. I've moved on.

Edited by kickingfrog

God knows I'm no lawyer but clearly the Heritage Hunting and Fishing Act of 2002 states

Right to hunt and fish

1. (1) A person has a right to hunt and fish in accordance with the law. 2002, c. 10, s. 1 (1).

Same

(2) The reference to the law in subsection (1) includes the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act, 1997, the Fisheries Act (Canada), the Migratory Birds Convention Act, 1994 (Canada) and the regulations made under those Acts. 2002, c. 10, s. 1 (2).

Essa Township enforces the fee under land use and not any fisheries law because they do not have juristiction. We are constantly bullied by big government and others because no one can afford the legal fees to sue or cease and desist.

It's clearly a law that discriminates against fisherman and therefore shouldn't stand up in court.

Of coarse no one will ever fight it because the legal fees would just be too much.

We have all sorts of rights and freedoms that is law. No one said that right doesn't come with a service fee. We have the right to drive on all public roadways regardless if we have paid personal income taxes or not, that right comes with a myriad of user fees from drivers license's to disposal of old tires.

If those signs didn't exist how would John Q. Public know there is a user fee to rent the park to go along with his Fishing license to allow him to take advantage of his government given right to fish.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Instead of targeting ALL anglers, why not try a financially crippling fine for littering? And I mean crippling.

You can shoot someone in this country Dave and don't get severely punished, sure not much chance of it happening for littering.

Back in the mid 70's, we lived on a tobacco farm, that backed onto the Thames River. My Dad had bulldozed a ram to the water's edge for the irrigation pump; which also doubled as a boat launch for a lot of the locals.

After it got known that my dad allowed people to use it as such; the garbage came with it.

So Dad took the dozer down to the access road that lead to the flats and piled the 5 foot mound of dirt on it.

People could still walk in; the garbage left behind was less; but eventually the flats were all fenced off and no trespassing signs went up.

Dad didn't like too do it, it cost him a chunk of money; but it was the only way to stop people from throwing their junk on the property and sorry to say but most of it came from the fishermen.

Dan.

Fishermen are slobs. You see it everywhere people fish. Its the shore fishermen that do it the most. Disgusting slobs. I can't wrap my head around how anyone who appreciates the outdoors, can leave their garbage behind. It blows my mind.

S.