Take the signs down ESSA TWNSP. Enough already.

misfish

Please read the whole sign. Please.

Then post your thoughts and opinions on it.

These signs have been posted through out the Essa Township Notty access points for the last few years.

essabs_zps6f775b87.jpg

Here,s a few things I find funny about the whole thing.

Smoking.. There is no way in hell,they can tell you you cannot smoke on a stretch of the river. WTH is that? This is JMO.

Anyone interested in fishing in the location is required to purchase a $40 pass.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Fishing???????????????????????

Now, if I,m a dog walker,nature walker, a guy that wants to walk with my bow to hunt deer or sling my 12 gauge to hunt me some water fowl or uplands,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I DON'T REQUIRE A $40 TAG.

How screwed up is this?

Tell me who thought this up?

Grade 4-5 student?

Really. Come on.

Wake up Essa twnsp.

Take the signs down.

BTW,I have never bought a pass nor will I ever. I fish the live release stretch of the river. I pay to fish already. So what law do they think,they need to make, to allow me to enjoy this sport further??????

The above should be enough to prove why I/WE, should,nt have to.

Also,can someone tell me where the, BARRIE BAIT AND TACKLE STORE IS? : :) ???

Whether what cram says is the reason or not, I've been saying the same thing for years, if the filthy pigs that fish among us continue to throw their garbage everywhere but in the garbage can, we'll be seeing a whole lot more places charging us to use the areas.

And I've said it on this board many times over the years.

I suspect this is less about revenue and more about cleaning up the garbage (including cigarette butts) left behind by fishermen. Unfortunately a few pigs spoil it for everyone.

So what your saying is,dont scoop the poop is not a problem here? I walk the path and step in dog crap,thats ok?

Do you know this stretch of Essa property?

I pick up my share of garbage on this river. Do I get revenue from this? NO. It,s my nature to preserve.

Whether what cram says is the reason or not, I've been saying the same thing for years, if the filthy pigs that fish among us continue to throw their garbage everywhere but in the garbage can, we'll be seeing a whole lot more places charging us to use the areas.

And I've said it on this board many times over the years.

Lew,I think you missed it here. Why nail the fisherman? I can go in these areas,blast my shot gun and leave my shells behind. NO PERMIT REQUIRED. Im not fishing,Im hunting.

Edited by Brian B

So what your saying is,dont scoop the poop is not a problem here? I walk the path and step in dog crap,thats ok?

Do you know this stretch of Essa property?

I pick up my share of garbage on this river. Do I get revenue from this? NO. It,s my nature to preserve.

Nope, don't know it at all. I've never been there.

Just guessing from the language on the sign. We have all seen garbage left behind by fishermen.

Nope, don't know it at all. I've never been there.

Just guessing from the language on the sign. We have all seen garbage left behind by fishermen.

And to you I say

Why nail the fisherman? I can go in these areas,blast my shot gun and leave my shells behind. NO PERMIT REQUIRED. Im not fishing,Im hunting.

Brian,

I am in agreement with you 100% , and I'm an Essa resident yet I still have to pay FML.

In regards to hunting , there is a STRONG movement to have all hunting completely banned from Certain Simcoe forest tracts. Residents are tired of forests turning into weekend shooting ranges and the garbage and Bull that goes along with it.

I walk/train my retriever in these forest tracts daily and you would not believe some of the crap you see .

I've made it a priority to sit in at some council meetings this fall as hunting/fishing is an extremely important

Tradition I hope my children inherit . Also with this being an election year, I will be sure to bring it up with the next candidate that visits our house in Thornton .

Ryan

I have to buy 4 licenses to fish my home water...

An Ontario license

A NY State license

An akwasasne license for reserve waters in canada

And a tribal license for reserve waters in NY state...

All for the same stretch of river...

I understand what you mean about anglers being singled out... But you could be like me spending $160-$170 per year in licenses...

I was really against it in the beginning. Kind of on the fence about it now though. Bought a pass for the last few seasons.

Seems like it really does keep the worst of the knuckle draggers away.

Money does actually go to good use I think... Theres a couple of nice cleaning stations, a nice pavilion that come in handy during short bursts of rain, a blue rocket that has come in handy after that early morning coffee. Pretty sure they throw a bit of money towards the steelheaders too...

I have seen you whine a few times about this on the internet B. Have you actually ever made a formal complaint or written a letter to voice your opinion somewhere it counts?

This is the end result of a huge area...Toronto

Absorbing a nearby area which was traditionally a smaller town feel--gateway to cottage country etc----Barrie is now a bdrm community for the big smoke....Yes?

You now have Big city thinking and all it's micro-managing job justification goin down...3 legged dogs must only be walked on tuesdays on the left side of the path :)

I'm sure any dollar amt will keep the destroyers out---but You do make a point---why single out anglers?

Maybe history has not shown our group to be the neatest

I recall Trout opener in the Meaford/Thornbury corridor in the 70's---creeks and rivers were a mess----I remember at Bronte one year----somebody lighting a 50ft pine tree on fire---the whole tree---quite a sight----broken fences.....fistfights----picinic tables thrown into the water...etc etc

At the end of the day---we know we are responsible for our river footprint-------many still don't care---and you are paying for them.

I'm not an ice fisherman, infact I don't like it at all, but a group of us went to Simcoe one time although I don't even remember where we were but we parked beside a large orange building along with all the other fishermen and it was one of the most disgusting sites I've ever seen.

There was garbage thrown everywhere, coffee cups, donut bags, pop cans, beer bottles and just about any other crap you can think of. It didn't stop in the parking lot either cause the same garbage was scattered all around the ice huts.

Why the owners of the orange building allowed the pigs to park there is beyond me, but if I had any control of things up that way I'd be blocking everyone I could.

I was really against it in the beginning. Kind of on the fence about it now though. Bought a pass for the last few seasons.

Seems like it really does keep the worst of the knuckle draggers away.

Money does actually go to good use I think... Theres a couple of nice cleaning stations, a nice pavilion that come in handy during short bursts of rain, a blue rocket that has come in handy after that early morning coffee. Pretty sure they throw a bit of money towards the steelheaders too...

I have seen you whine a few times about this on the internet B. Have you actually ever made a formal complaint or written a letter to voice your opinion somewhere it counts?

Your talking about one section of the river here. (I dont fish there. Reminds me of fishing the credit. Shoulder to shoulder. NOT ) Ya make the town of Angus look a bit more attracting. :);) So now lets talk about the larger stretches of the river. There is NADA.

Whinning you say. All you have to do is read their sign and you can see it,s bogus. As for contacting them,that is going to be happening soon,as I have another matter which Im trying to get clarified.

Lew I know exactly where your talking about. That,s why they now charge to park year round.

Ry

I have seen it and have heard your stories of your dogs getting injuries .

Seems every where these days, people want to treat the area like their own dump site.

The fee for the fisherman may be because they stock??? the water? The area is a park and down here if you are not from the county then you have an entrance fee. The boat ramp fee is for everyone. I have no issues with fees as long as they are put back into the parks and rec funding. You can smoke on the river and open areas of the park just not where playing field and other function areas according to the sign.

Art

In the 30 years I have fished Lake Simcoe I have seen many shore fishing and lake access spots ruined for everyone by fishermen who are disrespectful pigs. Seems ESSA is trying to discourage the same problems in there area. I think they have come to the conclusion that most of the problem is caused by fishermen...and I bet they are 100% correct... so they are targeting that specific group. I really have no problem with that. Believe me Brian I understand the frustration of being singled out because of other disrespectful pigs...but it is what it is. Why charge everyone if one specific group is the major cause of the problem?

Many of my old spots on Simcoe are pay access now. I don't fish them anymore unless someone else suggests we meet there. I can afford to pay for parking/access but generally refuse to on principal.

Every individual has to decide on there own if the fees are worth it to them or not. Many will chose to pay it and be happy with what they get for there $40. Others will flip the bird to ESSA and fish elsewhere.

It's somewhat similar here in the great City of Kawartha Lakes. Many of the boat launches, if you can call them that, are subject to a $6 fee for launching and parking for the day. Now I usually don't mind paying a bit to launch, but the launches aren't private property, we already pay our taxes, so I'm not paying again to launch at these locations, Canal and Mitchell Lake have these signs. They don't do anything with the money to improve the launches, they're just simple, poor gravel ones and parking lots full of potholes, it's just another hand in our pocket.

The fee for the fisherman may be because they stock??? the water? The area is a park and down here if you are not from the county then you have an entrance fee. The boat ramp fee is for everyone. I have no issues with fees as long as they are put back into the parks and rec funding. You can smoke on the river and open areas of the park just not where playing field and other function areas according to the sign.

Art

No stocking goes on at all in this river. The Township of Essa is one of the biggest supporters of the Nottawasga Steelheaders. They've donated a lot of $$$ which goes towards stream rehab and also scale sampling programs that we are doing with the MNR. You've got a choice though to fish this water or not. I personally don't.