Can you tell me the name of a part I,m looking for

misfish

I,m sure this is a long shot BUT, I have to ask.

I am working on a new contraption and need to find a certain part that will play a major part for it.

You all know those extending fishing nets right? I am looking for that spring loaded ball locking thing. Has anyone ever seen these? Is there a name for them? Anyone know where I can buy?

I could use locking ball pins,but it,s not practical, I would have to attach them to 24 inch lanyards, Well I don,t, but, if I drop one in the drink,then it,s gone and I,m left without one that I will really need for the set up. (note to self,keep roll of duct tape on toon) :whistling: .

Anyways I did up a shady paint drawing.

Two tubes that slide over each other,and the spring loaded ball secures it in place

latch.jpg

Thanks for looking and hope you can help.

Like I said,maybe a long shot. It would save on more fabrication.

Edited by Brian B

but really

I think you want spring loaded locking pins

http://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-spring-button-locking-pins.html

You are a nerdgurunetwebsearchguy.

Is your name George? LOL

That,s what I,m looking for.

Now to find locally.

Brafasco or maybe ,Fastenal . I,ll have to call them in the morning.

Thanks bud. :worthy:

Edited by Brian B

If all else fails get a telescopic painters pole - the ones used for rollers and sanding heads. They can extend in one or both directions at the same time. About 30.00 at home hardware, I'll get the name off mine tomorrow for you (it's at a work site, I'm home). It may fit the bill for what you're fabricating with a little McGyver's touch!

Michael

Commonly called a snap button. Google "snap button" and you'll see various models and types. They're readily available from on-line sources but a good hardware store may have them locally. I use them to fabricate my own net handles and have a bag in the garage with 6 or 8. How many do you need?

Seriously, if you have any trouble finding them I'd be happy to try mailing you several.

Brian, any pool store will have them there for you. They are commonly used to hold vacuum heads or skimmer heads to poles.

Check out a pool supply store, but like anything else used in the pool supply world, expect a higher price than a hardware store.

HH

Brian, any pool store will have them there for you. They are commonly used to hold vacuum heads or skimmer heads to poles.

Check out a pool supply store, but like anything else used in the pool supply world, expect a higher price than a hardware store.

HH

Yes I have seen them there also, tube size might be a factor? The ones on my pool brush pole were plastic and rust free.

HH

I knew I saw them somewhere, but couldn't remember where. This is exactly where I see them all the time.

S.

I may have a couple old nets that I'm going to get rid of. If you want you can have them and just use it for parts. I'll double check tomorrow and see if they have that part you're looking for. If so they're yours. Bad part is I'm in stouffville.

Thanks for all the input all, and I,m over whelmed at the free offering guys. But then again,this is OFC. :clapping::good:

I found what I need at PA.

Funny thing is,my brain was spinning again and now have a delima. Do I stick with my original idea,or do I go with the new. I hate when this happens. :wallbash:

The spring locks will still be used in some form.LOL

Again thanks all. :Gonefishing:

Glad you found your parts Brian but just in case anybody else is looking for snap buttons or spring plungers, here is a link to the company the makes and sells them:

www.valcocleve.com

You can order the basic models at Grainger Industrial supply outlets in Canada and they will mail them to you:

http://www.grainger.com/category/snap-buttons/pins/fasteners/ecatalog/N-n3p

Edited by G.mech