my bro- in laws ATV stolen, funny story, NF

chris.brock

Here is a random thought, How about a reasoned, moderate discourse on what the actual issues are that allow certain members of our society to have lax enforcement of certain laws. Or to put it another way deal with the situation as it is, not as it should be.

I'll start:

Perhaps it could be a jurisdictional issue?

Edited by HTHM

I think maybe we have been too harsh on the "native" community. Perhaps we could pour some more money into the Indian Act, or perhaps we could give them some more land, or maybe if we fund their college/university for them, or maybe we can give them rights to harvest so-called renewable resources so they can feed themselves and we'll turn a blind eye so they can maybe sell it to support themselves. I bet if we do that we will certainly make up for the unfairness from the past.

Surely they would be very pleased with our kindness and not rely on this handout...I mean, surely we wouldn't be creating a welfare state where we are expected to give and give and give...surely we wouldn't be held responsible if the reserves have a higher level of poverty and lawlessness, would we? I mean, we do our best to turn a blind eye and let things go from an enforcement point of view so as not to alienate them. Surely they wouldn't blockade highways from law-abiding tax-paying citizens and terrorize their communities, would they? Good lord, surely we didn't create these problems from our own kindness, did we?

I mean, they wouldn't be expecting MORE from us, would they? Gawd no...say it ain't so :wallbash:

Edited by Spanky

to change the direction here-

I'm still trying to get the video, my wife has seen it and said it's pretty funny and well done with a steady hand

I'm guessing I would have handled it differently. I got side swiped in downtown TO a few years ago, then went on a 3 or 4 minute car chase until I boxed the kid in. Rich kid in his Dad's BMW. It was fun driving like I stole it.

for now, I'm gone Squatchin'

Edited by chris.brock

The native approach to justice is a little different than what we are used to. The 6 nations police face a lot of community pressure if they arrest certain people who have connections. You just don't make waves when you don't have to.. their ideas about justice focus more on forgiveness and healing than on actual punishment itself. We may not like it but it won't change. Most residents know where the chop shops are and who does the crimes but why would they snitch? It would make their life miserable.. Since reserve land can't be owned and land is granted to members by the band, they are apt to ignore "petty" crime around them because moving isn't an option... The policing around Caledonia was a joke when the town was held hostage. Gunshots at night, home invasions, atvs on the streets at all hours and never any arrests...

sadly two young men from the reserve died last night in a car accident in Caledonia. They were speeding in a stolen truck and blew through a stop sign hitting a transport truck....

Karma sometimes comes back and bites you in the ass REALLY hard.

That's somewhat harsh Bill. I believe in Karma as well, but Karma doesn't take 2 young lives for a piece of crap stolen vehicle. Both men in their 20's have family members that are very highly respected in our community. One of the firefighters that had to extricate the 2 that were dead on the scene as well as the survivor said they couldn't tell what body part was for what kid. That's not Karma.

I saw the rubber on the road from the tractor trailer yesterday. It went uphill for a few hundred feet, that trucker had to be flying to do that pushing a 1/2 ton truck. Those trucks fly at that time of night, I call it no mans land. OPP want nothing to do with it and the rex cops aren't on 6. My wife is forbidden to drive that stretch at night. No one that doesn't live here can understand the tension around Caledonia and Hagersville at times. Now the town council have announced approval for a 3500 unit residential survey on prime farmland a mile north of the river on McKlung road. Here we go again.

I'm gonna have to agree with Bill on that one, you reap what you sow and I very much doubt this was their first rodeo when it comes to stolen vehicles, back to the beginning of this thread the perp was referred to as a kid, it's not just a select few it's a way of life for a large majority, these may be broad strokes but it's not untrue. karma will get you

I agree with Bill as well, that truck was bought and paid for by a working person trying to get by the best they can, instead they'll be offered a small amount less a deductible for their troubles. Their taxes go to support these "natives" as well...

They are more than irresponsible kids, they are thieves and crooks. Probably didn't deserve to die, but probably shouldn't be in a stolen vehicle participating in what sounds like a large theft ring either. Karma, like Mother Nature, can be a bugger.

I truly cannot believe the written diarrhea that is displayed here.

All the years I've been here I've never asked a thread to be destroyed---this qualifies

Today I'm truly embarrassed to be an OFC member

I've got to go before I tell some long time members what an ass they really are

I have lived in caledonia, I have seen first hand the lawlessness that occurs there. The OPP does nothing, the native police do nothing, the government does nothing. They do what they want how they want.

Put the six nations reserve in your backyard.... And those that are standing up for them might be singing a different tune..... Unless of course your a contractor who was just doing his job at a construction site nearby only to have his face beaten in where he is no longer recognizable...

All for doing his job.

Or a elementary school put on lock down because of gun fire...

Highways shutdown down because the keepers of our land were burning tires in the middle of them...

I'm sorry but the so called natives of canada have earned this reputation by their own accord, by their own actions.

So long as there is a reserve system the natives will never be part of main stream society... It's impossible.

G