Regular PowerPro vs PowerPro SuperSlick

I find the slick tangles a lot more, and is harder to untangle. I dont like the colour of it either, the old PP is harder to see in the water. I have one reel spooled with the sslick, and I hardly use it because of the line.

S.

I really like it. I use both the original and super slick and I like the super slick more. I actually will only use PP as I really don't like the other braids. I use the super slick from 20-65 lb and it doesn't tangle much at all. I use pp red for lighter applications on spinners.

Almost as bad as Suffix 832.

:blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1:

I spooled my Diawa bait caster last weekend. Nice smooth casting line. If you have your settings right,you shouldnt be having birds nests..

Welcome back Bill. :)

Edited by Misfish

Super slick can cast a weightless senko a country mile on a chronarch anyway. Have superslick on 3 reels a stradic with 15lb and it outcasts a stella with original power pro. Also have a core with it

Works fine but do notice it gets wind knots much easier

:blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1:

I spooled my Diawa bait caster last weekend. Nice smooth casting line. If you have your settings right,you shouldnt be having birds nests..

Welcome back Bill. :)

It's not the bedding that sucks, it's the tip wrap... Way too limp, especially when fishing topwaters. I'm not the only one that hates it, lol.

Back to normal 20lb PP for me. Spinning reels get 6lb Nano or 6lb Fireline Crystal. No complaints about either of those. Nano casts further then anything I've used (I also use it on the pin as well)

Edited by BillM

It's not the bedding that sucks, it's the tip wrap... Way too limp, especially when fishing topwaters. I'm not the only one that hates it, lol.

Back to normal 20lb PP for me. Spinning reels get 6lb Nano or 6lb Fireline Crystal. No complaints about either of those. Nano casts further then anything I've used (I also use it on the pin as well)

Yep

The tip wrap drove me crazy. Nothing like a big chinook grabbing you lure when you are tip wrapped.

It is original power pro for me but even better is the Sufix performance braid. That is if you can find it anymore

Thanks guys you just save me some coin I was just about to try a spool of power pro slick

When throwing spinner baits,I dought I will get wrapping. :dunno:

I am going to give that nano a try this year on the pin. What lb test are you using?

Edited by Misfish

@Billm

lol. Dude you don't use braided line for topwater applications. The reason your having trouble with the stuff is because you need to learn how to and when to use it.

Wait, you're not one of those guys that still thinks he needs to run mono for topwaters are you? I've been running braid for topwaters for ages, zero issues... Except of course when I decided to spool up some Suffix 832, lol.

Brian, I got tip wrap all the time with 832, especially when fishing topwaters. If you're bombing spinnerbaits you'll most likely be fine with the new PP stuff... Just make sure you're not wrapped before you cast or that $10 spinnerbait will be donated to the lake bottom :)

I run 6lb Nano on the pin but be warned, do not use it when fishing below zero temps.. Ice in your guides will rip it to shreds in no time. If you want to run braid in the winter, try Fireline instead.. Puts up with way more abuse. The zero stretch of braid combined with the pin makes a deadly combination... Especially for those hero hooksets :)

Edited by BillM

yes pp slick may be more limp / prone to tangle but people have highlighted the advantage in casting range...i noticed i needed to adjust my techniques a little as well / be a little more attentive to line management. As said the advantage far outweighs its nuisances...for certain techniques...for other applications there may be no difference using slick vs other braid.

I have 10lb, 20lb, sad they don't have anything under 10lb...i instead use 8lb 832 which suffices

Edited by finatic