My brother died....OFNer Eddyk

lew

They say that it is hard to find the right words to say at a time like this but I think you have found them in your tribute to him.

You are a big man with a big heart Lew; good place to keep all those wonderful memories.

Our condolances to the whole family.

Cliff & Sue

That is very sad news. I'm so sorry for your loss. I did not know him personally but he gave me some good advice on here and I'm sure to many others too and will be sorely missed. My condolences to you and EddyK's family.

Hi Everyone......it's Sheri...Lew's daughter,

I know that my dad will post a reply to say thank you to all who've replied to his post about my uncle Eddy passing away but I wanted to send out a personal thank you myself. When my brother Jimmy died just over 2 years ago, the outpouring of support that followed from all of you was the most touching gesture I've ever seen especially since alot were from people my dad didn't even know.

When my brother Jimmy died, it hit my family like a tonne of bricks and at that time it felt like we would never get through it but with friends like you all, it's made it so much easier. After losing Jimmy we thought we would never have to suffer through another tragedy again but life isn't always so kind.

The loss of my uncle has left a huge void in our family, one that can never be filled. As you all know, Eddy was so much more than a brother to my dad, some say they were more like twins, so much alike in many ways....he was his best friend.....in almost 60 years not a argument or even a harsh word ever said to one another. Not only has my dad still not recovered from the passing of my grandfather a number of years ago and his only son dying but now he's been crushed all over again with losing his only brother. With losing my only brother and now my uncle I can say I almost feel what my dad is going through but everyone had a different relationship with each of them and therefor will mourn their loss in a different fashion.

My dad and Eddy wanted nothing more than to be able to leave on May 18th and head to Quinte together fishing as they have done for as long as I can remember but instead Eddy had other plans that day.

Quinte will never be the same for my dad but fishing and Quinte will go on because that is what my Uncle Eddy would want......My dad will never be the same man again but knowing that 3 of his 4 favorite fishing partners....his dad, his son and his brother are somewhere up there fishing together will make it just a little bit easier.....as for his 4th favorite fishing partner...well that's me and although I have some pretty big shoes to fill, he know's he's still got his little girl to help pull those big muskies in the boat!!

Thanks again everyone for all your caring and support. I hope you all know how much he appreciates having great friends like you all!!

Sheri

Edited by lew

My condolences, Lew and family.

I remember reading about Eddy's new place back not too long ago, he sounded real happy and excited about it. I'm sure he's off to an even better place now.

Wow, haven't been on the board all day and come on and see this, it breaks my heart Lew. Your brother's untimely death seems aweful fast and I'm sure you're reeling in pain right now from the loss.

Please keep your chin up and think of only the good times you had together Lew, and if there is anything I can do, please let me know. I'm here for you okay!

Joey & Paul

Edited by Joey

I am sitting here crushed Lew. I have no idea what to say. I am so sorry I never got to meet Eddie personally, but it seems like I knew him first hand from his posts on the board.

You guys had a very special relationship that I can relate to because of the one I share with my brother. I can't imagine the loss and pain you must be feeling at this time.

While it is so hard to lose someone of such great stature, hopefully, you will also realize what a priviledge it has been to have him in your life. He continues to be there with you.

I am still in shock. If there is anything that we can do, please don't hesitate to ask.

Take care Lew and Sheri, your whole family is in my thoughts and prayers.

My deepest sympathies to you and your family Lew.

What a great tribute to your brother you posted.I had to wait for my eyes to clear before I could write this post.You have some awsome memories together and that is something that will last forever.You sure have had a ruff few years.Take care and remember you have a extended family here on OFC to lean on if you need us.

Sheri,

It sounds to me that you have a heart as big as your dads and he is lucky he has you to help get through this with.You take care as well and this OFC family is here for you as well.

If there is anything I can do for either of you please contact me.

Wes

I had the pleasure of meeting him at Port Hope just after he retired (or just before?) as he was gung ho for the salmon tourney start. He spoke briefly about the new digs he was buyin,' and how much more fishin' he'd be able to do! He was on top of the world . . . . life can be so unfair . . . . I can only imagine what the loss of a close relative / best friend can be . . . . . my most sincere condolences to you, and your family.

Lew, there are no words to comfort you at a time like this. Just know that Eddy will now be watching over you, Diane and Sheri as well as his own family and many friends.

But, there just are no words....

Be well, Lew.

Lew my friend, have been devastated a second time with the passing of your brother EddyK. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family today,

My deepest condolences to EddyK's family.

John

As I was reading through these posts this morning, the handle EddyK sounded oh so familiar. The more I read the posts, there just had to be something more. Then it hit me .... EddyK and I had exchanged some PM's a little while back when he was moving to Delta. EddyK was asking about the area and the fishing. I've stopped by Delta a couple times on my way to Rideau Ferry and we had a few exchanges. His last PM was to invite me to stop by when I pass through the area this July and say HELLO and I was thinking of doing just that. Dang (wish there was an emoticon with tears).