My brother died....OFNer Eddyk

lew

Very sad news, but my brother Ed , who was a member of this board for the last 2 years and posted under the name of Eddyk, has died of cancer at the age of 58 years.

Cnv1575.jpg

Ed wasn't just my brother and lifelong fishing partner, but he was also my best and closest friend my entire life and nothing will ever be the same now that he's gone. We've fished Quinte together every May 24 weekend forever and always took off on a week long camping / fishing trip every September, plus we always got together about once a month to fish the Kawarthas.

We've covered alot of water together over the decades including the St. Lawrence, Temagami, Quebec, Gowganda region, Nippissing, the Rideau System and just about every lake in between. Our last trip together was Lakair on the West Arm of Nippissing last September and we were planning on heading there again this year.

I know every time in the future that I pitch a tent, cook bacon & eggs on a Coleman stove or light a bonfire, Ed will be standing right beside me and keeping me company and we'll continue to share a boat together in spirit for the rest of time.

I have so many wonderful memories and thoughts of Ed from all our years together and it's gonna be very tough going on without him and no fishing or camping trip will ever be the same again.

Thats my 3 favorite fishing partners that have gone to the big lake in the sky now, my dad 10 years ago, my son 2 1/2 years ago and now Ed, but I'm sure their all up there to-gether now.

Cherish your family now while you can folks, because you never know when something terrible will happen in the future.

Ed served his country back in the 60's in the Navy, then went on to work for the City of Toronto for nearly 30 years and rose in ranks to be a Supervisor on the water department and looked after the watermains for a large section of the city. He also served as a volunteer firemen for many years in Scugog Township.

He retired 2 years ago, just before he found out he was sick, but went on to enjoy himself in spite of it and bought a new dream home in the country this spring for him and his wife, but unfortunately took a sudden turn for the worse and only got to spend 6 weeks there before being hospitalized.

Ed leaves his wife Shelly, daughter Paula and son Joe.

Here's a few pictures of Ed in happier times.

My brother, my fishing partner, but most importantly, my lifelong best friend !!

I love you Ed and miss you terribly already

Ed & I on our annual Quinte trip....Ed's on your right.

Cnv1989.jpg

Ed was always happiest when he was doing the cooking

Cnv1147.jpg

A musky he caught last year with Capt. Hooked from Lakair

Cnv1578.jpg

Ed on the left talking with OFNers squid, Robin, amd reefhawg at Quinte last year

Cnv1422.jpg

Ed & I lookin for a Quinte fatty

Cnv1230.jpg

And this is the time of day I'm gonna miss him the most.......

Cnv0920.jpg

Sorry for the long post folks, but it's very hard to describe someone like Ed in just a few short words and I just wish you all had a chance to know him like a few OFNers do.

Thanks for reading about Ed and listening to a very sad brother try to describe him.

Edited by lew

Lew, you my friend have been the brunt of some real bad happening these past few years my friend.

Im sorry to hear of your lost and as far as the long tribute,that was just awesome my friend.

Thoughts and prayers are with you and the Lew family.

God Bless

Brian

Cancer can be beatn folks,we all need to help defeat this vicous demon.

Edited by misfish

You painted in words an absolutely beautiful picture of your brother, your relationship and what he meant to you. Thank you for sharing that here and with us.

My prayers and condolences to you and your family!

Jen

Lew you brought a tear too my eye, my thoughts and prayers are with you and the entire family. That is one great tribute you put up on the board for him. My hat is off too you bud. Go get him a Musky this weekend, he would want you to catch a big one for opener.

AL

Edited by spoonman

wrong word it Lew! I wondered why he'd gone silent and just the other day I had suggested to one of Raf's board members, on Charleston Lake, to get in touch with Eddie. Not what any of us want to hear, right after Eddie moving into his dream retirement location with all them lakes and scenery right in his back yard.

Deepest condolences from Leah and I to you and yours, and Eddie's wife and family, Lew.

Wayne

Lew,I am so sorry... I know that you have experianced some hard times.... and this is just another kick in the teeth.. I am very sorry to hear of your loss 58 is just to young... Lets hope that those that hold the power decide that finding a cure is worth more then treating the symptoms...

Lew, tonight hold your wife and daughter.

Be well my friend

Ed rest in peace... may the Pickeral be plentiful.

Gerritt.

Lew My Friend.... My Condolences To you and your family and also to Eddies... I can not speak as i am in Shock... All as I can say is... I could only repeat the Words of Misfit..... We are all thinking of your family as well as Eddies

Rest I Peace Eddie

Guest mistyriver1

Lew, I realize you have many there to support you but as I said on the phone the other day, I'm just a phone call away if you would like to talk.

I never met Eddy but I sure enjoyed talking to him on the boards.

At least Eddy is not in any pain anymore. 58 is way too young. I certainly can appreciate what you are going through having lost both my parents to cancer in the past two years. You offered your support to me especially when my Dad died, so Sue, Ben, Corey and myself are here for you guys.

Your friend

Jim

Edited by mistyriver1

Guest Trophymuskie

OMG I could not believe the heading. My condolences to you and your entire family.

So sad to happen so fast after moving into his dream home.

You guys will be in our prayers.

I at a loss for words here Lew. How can life be so unfair, is what I'm thinking right now. I've always enjoyed Eddy's posts, especially the ones where you and him took a few jabs at each other. I don't have a brother, but to me the definition of brotherly love was spelled out in your posts. The tribute that you paid to Eddy was inspiring, to say the least. I'm sure that he was very, very proud of you.

My deepest sympathies to you and your family Lew.