PP Camping this weekend.. Any one else?

NAW

I'm heading to 6-mile lake PP this weekend.

Anyone else heading there? Or any other fun trips this weekend?

This will be my first real fishing trip in my boat since my son was born almost 2 years ago. It's crazy how they shift your priorities eh!!

Those first few years with kids change the focus for sure. Takes a few years, but then one day you wake up and , hey, they are just as pumped as you for the outings. Sounds like a great trip you have lined up there . We aren't heading out this weekend , but next week is the last week of school. For the last 3 years I have made it a special trip with G. I take the day off and we spend the weekend together celebrating the beginning of summer. The first year, a day on lake O together; last year we did our first "lodge weekend"; headed up to Horizon's North and had some decent success. This year we are doing a camping trip. Hitting Wheatley and spending the weekend looking for 'eyes (and whatever else wants to play) down Leamington way. Bring on the summer time!!

I hear ya sinker!

It's gunna be a weird one for me. I'm used to a private chunk of crown land...

We are camping with about 20 people and three camper trailers and half a dozen kids under 2..

I did a ton of crown camping when I was younger, but with kids a few of the amenities are nice. I make a point of going to a provincial park once per season. I would go more, but we are very fortunate that my wife's parents have a cottage that we can use quite a bit. You will enjoy it, as long as you like the people your going with! 6 mile is a decent park, and they had all kinds of kids activities last time I was there!

Edited by porkpie

I hear ya sinker!

It's gunna be a weird one for me. I'm used to a private chunk of crown land...

We are camping with about 20 people and three camper trailers and half a dozen kids under 2..

Im sure it,s going to be a blast Nick.

6 Mile was our families place to go for picnics when I was 10 or so. Pop always had the BBQ full of lemon chicken and baked taters along with corn on the cob.Garden salad,marshmello salad,bean salad,the list goes on. We ate good. There was always that golden rule though. No swimming til 1/2 hour after eating. (you will cramp up) My brothers and I would edge are way to the beach,and get yelled at. Get back here boys. Ah ma, come on. You only said that once, then pop spoke up.LMAO

Great days remembered from your post bud.It,s where I learned to butterfly swim. My pop taught me that,and he was good at it.

A couple of camping trips planned for this summer with the kids.

went to 6 mile PP a few years ago with the family. I particularly liked the sound of the highway at night time. very soothing to sleep to. especially the tractor trailer jake breaks at 3am

A couple of camping trips planned for this summer with the kids.

went to 6 mile PP a few years ago with the family. I particularly liked the sound of the highway at night time. very soothing to sleep to. especially the tractor trailer jake breaks at 3am

Jake brakes on that stretch of highway? There aren't any hills. You sure you didn't wake yourself up snoring? :)

I grew up on six mile. Many many firsts for me. Many lessons learned. We sold the family cottage last summer. It's going to be my first time on the lake that I've not had a cottage to go home to.. I used to spend 1 month every summer growing up at the cottage living with my grandparents. By age 12 I was hitting the night bite solo in my grandpa's 12' springbok. Which now resides on the lake across from my house.

Usually I'm pulling up to the beach at the PP in my grandpa's bow rider loaded with people. We used to go there to swim all the time. Check out the ... Crowds. I'll be on the other end of it now.

Edited by N.A.W