One day fishing anywhere between Toronto and Vancouver. .. where?

jedimaster

So it looks like the plans are set and everything is a go. The family is picking up and hauling across Canada. First off I will not be trading in my leafs jersey for a Canucks jersey. Second I want to take a Sigler day to fish something legendary along the way. Where do I make a pit stop for a day to fish? Northern pike? Musky? Waleye? Brookes? Plead your case let's here your suggestions? I don't want to venture too far off the drive between so if it's close to the highwaythat would be ideal.

You really are goin???..even with my warnings that Samsquatch lusts Leaf Fan Blood :whistling:

Should be easy...a holler out To Dan C on Troutin around Nipigon Or Simon on Lac Seul possibilities ---after these--she's downhill

Rrruh?...Beer? :)

I hear Lake Nipigon is on many peoples bucket lists---with Lakers rivaling the NWT

Would'nt be too quick to rule out Lac Seul---hour north of Dryden---not uncommon to get lots of willys in the 24-30 inch range--all day

what time of year are you pullin the pin??

You can hit your Musky/Pike/ Walleyes in one stop shopping at Wabigoon/Dinorwic....Of Course world famous Eagle lake---LOTW and even again Lac Seul

all bodies covering the species spread

If there's some board members here from The Soo----they know where the specks are as well---again Nipigon

and Don't tell anybody.. :whistling: ....but a quick look around the Ignace area has some stocked Speck lakes with "BIG" ones in em---small boat country though---no launches to speak of

Consider also---fishin licences as you hit different provinces--could add up

Off topic, but what do you have lined up in BC? Are you living right in VAN? I didn't like it there at all. One day in that city was enough. Housing costs are off the wall. I still can't figure out what the appeal is for my brother, but he seems to love it there. He's a finish carpenter, working on high end homes in the VAN area. I just don't like the city life....anywhere.

S.

You know....you know...

I'm thinkin your not haulin a boat (correct?)

A real good fishery-----super easy to access---even fish from shore---and close to shoppin

St Mary's River in The Soo---not sure what's happ'n early July though---prob easy to find out though

Only 19 more sleeps to go... I figure I will get my fill of trout fishing once in BC, sure Lakers maybe not but... I was thinking more musky, Pike, Walleye, brookies...

Hit one of the Lakes in Sask for giant poikes and eyes.

Maybe Last Mountain as it's on the route.

http://outdoorcanada.ca/hot-spots/last-mountain-lake

Good luck with your new venture. Lake of The Woods for me. Out of the way, way out is Lynn Lake Man. Giant Lakers and Grailing.

Don't be in too much a rush trading in your ON. Outdoors card. You may need it sooner then you think.

Be safe man. Ever see Deliverance? Don't stop for gas in Sask. or wear something green when you do.

any lake near the thunder bay area, most of them have big pike and you have a good chance at them from shore, you will be surprised at the amount of lakes in that area, tons of fish too and none/almost no pressure from other anglers. I travel that way often come summer right up until winter, trust me when i say any lake you stop at in that area will get you fish, its like heaven!