Biscotasi

bigugli

Wednesday we were chasing pickerel, again, in another location.

DSCN4348_zps320b8d11.jpg

DSCN4358_zps83abc5f8.jpg

DSCN4360_zpsce18edf5.jpg

The pike kept interrupting the bite, with lots of bite offs, but we still got some on our 4lb line.

DSCN4349_zps70a6fee0.jpg

DSCN4355_zps410cf15e.jpg

DSCN4350_zps9d4083cd.jpg

Rob picked up a rare 13" perch as well.

DSCN4361_zpsb37b2580.jpg

Our last day out was a pike hunting day. Gray and wet outside. We were still hoping for a "BIG" pike. We found lots, just nothing big.

DSCN4370_zpscd38dde9.jpg

DSCN4375_zps00f924f4.jpg

Even hit a few walters in the shallows.

DSCN4372_zps8bea93ee.jpg

DSCN4371_zpsae1cc458.jpg

We had a bald eagle watching over us the whole day.

DSCN4366_zps2f37a380.jpg

Rob even picked up a walleye from the deck, 20' above the bay.

DSCN4363_zps7fcc0737.jpg

At the end of the day, Rob's one spinnerbait, our first prototype we manufactured, was looking real beat up, but still working. Lots of teeth marks in the head, and 1/2 the paint stripped by the pike

DSCN4376_zps79128bc4.jpg

And the last meal was a fish fry.

DSCN4379_zps6c27af86.jpg

Our lodge handyman, taxi, guide, on the way out.

DSCN4380_zps1dda0cf1.jpg

The cabins were simple and clean. The owner, Bryan and his helper, Andy, were great. No shortage of food. The guide, Ed Gagnon was excellent.

All in all, a fantastic trip with hundreds of fish caught. Our first prototype spinnerbait worked great. The walleye really loved the bucktails and the minnow head jigs.

We are already thinking about next year

Edited by bigugli

Those are some of the smallest fish I've seen on a stringer since catch and release became popular. Sorry Grump but those fish are too small to keep. No wonder you look like you haven't missed any meals.

That's a bit cruel I know, but man those fish are too small, I'm surprised.

Those are some of the smallest fish I've seen on a stringer since catch and release became popular. Sorry Grump but those fish are too small to keep. No wonder you look like you haven't missed any meals.

That's a bit cruel I know, but man those fish are too small, I'm surprised.

Huh?

What a completely uncalled for set of comments. How rude.

Loved your trio of a report Bruce. Some nice fish and I bet the fish fry was tasty!!!

Yes the waistline comment was uncalled for, I'm sorry. We just lost a friend at a too young 52 because he wouldn't watch his weight and it's beyond frustrating. It is not healthy, but to each his own, we are adults, I even act like one sometimes.

I have to remember a 5 pound Walleye here is too small to keep. But I still say those fish are too small to keep.

Yes the waistline comment was uncalled for, I'm sorry. We just lost a friend at a too young 52 because he wouldn't watch his weight and it's beyond frustrating. It is not healthy, but to each his own, we are adults, I even act like one sometimes.

I have to remember a 5 pound Walleye here is too small to keep. But I still say those fish are too small to keep.

You are only allowed to keep one walleye over 18". That ain't much more than a 2lb fish.

As for dying, I could care less. Been dead once before.

Catch any bigger ones that were in the slot/ what were the overall #s per day like? The reason I ask is that I may be going there in Sept. thx

Despite the cold front and the start of the mayfly hatch, we caught lots of fish. We really had to change tactics. Both pike and walleye feeding on crayfish and a large grey underwater beetle on mud flats or by beaver lodges. The smaller the bait profile the better the catch rate. Slowest day was about 20 fish. Busiest was close to 100.

We did not catch too many fish over the slot.

Edited by bigugli

Those are some of the smallest fish I've seen on a stringer since catch and release became popular. Sorry Grump but those fish are too small to keep. No wonder you look like you haven't missed any meals.That's a bit cruel I know, but man those fish are too small, I'm surprised.

Shut up iron maker, who pissed in your Cheerios? Honestly I don't think I have ever read a post I enjoyed by you. I hope you never catch a fish again.

As for the trip. Looks like a blast. Way to go and thanks for taking the time to post a report for the rest if us to enjoy.

Shut up iron maker, who pissed in your Cheerios? Honestly I don't think I have ever read a post I enjoyed by you. I hope you never catch a fish again.

As for the trip. Looks like a blast. Way to go and thanks for taking the time to post a report for the rest if us to enjoy.

Relax son, it's a fish report for goodness sakes. It got to me because I just buried my friend Monday that couldn't give a hoot about his health like Grump, I know many like him and wish him the best.

There are others to think about you leave behind when you die to pick up the pieces, his wife, his children, his grand kids, his fishing pals.

My Cheerios tasted like piss all week.

Good fishing and good health to you. Once you get a few growth rings you might understand a bit. Grump knows exactly what I'm talking about.

At the end of it all, and having time to digest the whole trip, got to admit I am one lucky Dad :wub: , to say the least. It's quite something for Rob to put this all together out of his own pocket :worthy:

We are already talking about next year, but I don't think I'll let him foot the bill next time.