Back from from Sultan Rd.

Muskieman

Eh! Here's my little report.

I left my place in Sturgeon Falls on the 5th and headed for Sudbury where I met up with my old pal Chris of the PuckHogs fame.

( CBC SongQuest 2nd place winner ) For The Love of The Game http://music.cbc.ca/#/artists/The-Puckhogs

We made our way to Opeepeesway lake , where we would meet up with Jean Luc .

Launched the boats at the bridge over the river at the north end ... trekked down to Burnt Island where we set up camp.

9EE18AAB-EB4D-4399-8B95-4FC1CEB23D6F_zps

203_zpscef53560.jpg

Made our way out for an evening fish, I quickly learned that every thing I know about Walleye angling was to be thrown out the window, I didn't matter what we pitched there was a Walleye at the end of the line, trolling with a jig&minnow , Rapala, Twister , Spoon, anything at any depth, but we mostly fished in 3-5 FOW .

After releasing what seemed like hundreds we made it back to camp for some rest and a fire.

224_zpsa2df3b15.jpg

Friday morning was a bit chilly as it had dipped to 4*C the night before ,warmed up quickly to 23*C

, we set out for some fish

E0D33B1B-9EDF-4577-9AC8-3B3381B4309E_zps

... again we released what is actually hundreds of them , we did keep some for shore lunch.

Chris with average Walleye ..

205_zps0ba032df.jpg

Me with an average Pike

012_zpsb22a5eb7.jpg

Made it back to camp for a fish fry and more relaxation ..

230_zps6ab8b858.jpg

227_zpsdaeebc4e.jpg

231_zpsa00159a6.jpg

My friend had 400$ Tequila and "special" caramels , after a few shots and a bite of candy , everything was more better than better could be ;)

I ended up laying flat on my stomach in pine needles trying to feed a Frito to a toad ... BZZZZZZZZ

I'm sorta glad my pals were too busy laughing and didn't pick up the camera.

Saturday was a bit different , we fished/visited a few water falls, again , more Walleye than I could ever imagine.

007_zps1ac7e3db.jpg

001_zpscc083099.jpg

We tried to catch a BIG Pike but only manged a swipe from a 40"+ never to be seen again..

We also went to visit the old mine site,http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerome_Mine,_Ontario.

I admittedly trespassed and violated laws I'm sure, but curiosity got the best of us ..

IAmGold the owners, left a BIG pile of core samples that still contain a decent amount of gold , went to see the mine shaft and for a swim at the beach , made our way back to camp for one more fish fry and fire with beer and stories .

015_zps0d5250de.jpg

018_zpsdbcaedbe.jpg

019_zpsc1a59e25.jpg

217_zps9d07c09b.jpg

Woke up to rain on Sunday morning , packed up, drove to the Watershed for brunch and came home ...

What a great trip !, the amount of fish I caught over the weekend more than made up for the past 2 years of minimal fishing...

214_zpsaa57fc50.jpg

211_zpsd56c0dfd.jpg

209_zpseec0c861.jpg

200_zpsdb6f9fc2.jpg

004_zps653e24f0.jpg

005_zpsf56f4e6d.jpg

008_zpscff0205b.jpg

I'll hopefully make it back up in a few weeks , to give it another shot :)

Randy

Edited by Randy from Sturgeon

Ummmm say again.... :whistling:

My friend had 400$ Tequila and "special" caramels , after a few shots and a bite of candy , everything was more better than better could be ;)
I ended up laying flat on my stomach in pine needles trying to feed a Frito to a toad ... BZZZZZZZZ
I'm sorta glad my pals were too busy laughing and didn't pick up the camera.

:w00t::w00t::w00t:

Great "little" report Randy. Times best spent with the fish and friends.