Warfin - NF....

NAW

You can no longer buy Warfin (Warfarin) in the stores. According to the lovely lady I spoke to at Home Hardware.

Does anyone here know where I can find some? Or something equally as powerful...

On that note, if anyone has some in there garage collecting dust, I would gladly purchase if from them :whistling:

I've got some destructive critters that will not be duped in to my traps....

Edited by N.A.W

You now need a special license to handle or use many types of rodenticide. New rule also applies to farms.

Just another excuse to collect a fee and force folks to spend wads of cash on an unnecessary service.

Voles have destroyed my yard. I have a bit on an infestation.

I've tried using the regular snap traps for mice.. But it aint working. Baited with cheese.. peanut butter.. Fat.. Nothing is working..

I just want to shock the populations.

Sitting on my deck last night.. I could here the voles walking around under the leaves/grass.. I don't even want to think of how many there is under there.

I had to replace some drainage lines last fall because they got in to them and jammed them up really bad...

IMG_39621_zpscf8e1310.jpg

IMG_37411_zps1c7f0ce5.jpg

I'm open to a more environmentally friendly solution..

I tried one of those thingies that beeps and vibrates every 30 seconds. Annoying as hell. All it did was move them around more. then when I removed it for winter, they came back with a vengeance! more this spring than the last two combined...

Edited by N.A.W

In the 3 years I have been at this house, I have only ever seen 1. And they was yesterday walking around with Alex...

They seem to only move around at night...??

Wifey is very allergic to cats..

Neighbors dogs love chewing on them.

And the local fisher population has acquired a very strong taste for them... Wouldn't last a week.

I thought about letting the neighbours dogs rip around my yard for a day or two each week... But I don't know which would do more damage! (2x 2 year old GSP sisters...)

Ya, looks the the lawn where there are no trails, looks pretty sick.. Likely a grub problem and the moles, coons and others will dig for them

The only licensed product in Ont are nematode worms that you apply and water in. I hear not very effective. maybe 30%

Could take a ride to a big box store in Buffalo and pick up something that would work

I called a lawn maintenance place. They also suggested said to get rid of the grubs, and suggested Nematodes... But ya, like you mentioned, they don't work very well from their past experience.

Edited by N.A.W

Yep, gotta get rid of the grubs. I think because winter lasted so long, there was more damage under the snow this winter. I have the same kind of problem at work, where I've never had it before. I think the voles got hungrier than usual, and had to search more for food.

S.

Release a bunch of gopher snakes to eat the voles. Then you'll need to release an army of racoons to eat the gopher snakes. Finally release some cougars to take care of the racoons.

This non toxic means of controlling the vole poulation is endorsed by the MNR.

Yep, gotta get rid of the grubs. I think because winter lasted so long, there was more damage under the snow this winter. I have the same kind of problem at work, where I've never had it before. I think the voles got hungrier than usual, and had to search more for food.

S.

X2 here at work.

Trails and trails.

Making trip to the US?

There is a great grub killer available from Lowes. $20/bag. Has an ingredient called Merit. Manufactured by Bayer.

http://www.bayeradvanced.com/grub-control

Not available or legal in Canada, but I bring it back every spring from vacation. Also has a fertilizer in it. Available in NY state.

Great product. I don't have my lawn being torn up by skunks, possums, voles etc.

like some folks.

Release a bunch of gopher snakes to eat the voles. Then you'll need to release an army of racoons to eat the gopher snakes. Finally release some cougars to take care of the racoons.

This non toxic means of controlling the vole poulation is endorsed by the MNR.

Thanks mike!!

I don't mind cougars running around my yard... But i HATE snakes!!!

Making trip to the US?

There is a great grub killer available from Lowes. $20/bag. Has an ingredient called Merit. Manufactured by Bayer.

Not available or legal in Canada, but I bring it back every spring from vacation. Also has a fertilizer in it. Available in NY state.

Great product. I don't have my lawn being torn up by skunks, possums, voles etc.

like some folks.

Thanks! I'll check that out for sure.

My work has people in the states all the time. Maybe I can get one of our service techs to grab a bag.

Making trip to the US?

like some folks.

Don't ya love that the same company who makes aspirin makes grub killer? LOL

Making trip to the US?

like some folks.

This is a great option IF you don't get caught. It is illegal to bring it into the country and getting caught at the border can result in hefty fines. You'll also get red flagged making every trip afterwards a guaranteed visit through the vehicle inspection area. This isn't a guess...I brought some back last spring and luckily got a customs officer who explained it without busting me.

Making trip to the US?

like some folks.

Just don't get caught. They'll bend you over double for smuggling an illegal substance. A farmer down here got caught a few years back bringing back an illegal pesticide. it was a painful experience.

Warfin is a blood thinner ingested in large amounts it causes dehydration leading to internal organ failure and ultimately death .

I forget exactly what the drug is called but its used in headache meds as well as heart meds and for people that suffer from blood clots.

Warfin has been used as a wide spread cure all but misuse can be disastrous.

I.e. dead or sick pets.

Don.