Warfin - NF....

NAW

They are after the white grubs.Get rid of the grubs and you will get rid of the voles.

Exactly, they are meat eaters, and any rodenticide is unlikely to work, Warfarin is a first generation rodenticide, developed in the 1950s and used so much since then that many rodents have developed a resisitance, that would be my last choice for a bait, many others out there more effective, ive been an exterminator for over 30 years and havnt used warfarin based products in at least 25 years, you need to get rid of the white grubs, remove the food the voles or moles will move else where

Exactly, they are meat eaters, and any rodenticide is unlikely to work, Warfarin is a first generation rodenticide, developed in the 1950s and used so much since then that many rodents have developed a resisitance, that would be my last choice for a bait, many others out there more effective, ive been an exterminator for over 30 years and havnt used warfarin based products in at least 25 years, you need to get rid of the white grubs, remove the food the voles or moles will move else where

Thank you! After doing a bit of research it appears I have a mole or two making all these mounds. As voles apparently do not make mounds? So the moles are after grubs and not the grass roots? So many different theories out there it is confusing.

G

Black walnuts hulls might work. I know a neighbour of my parents swore by it for keeping all kinds of critters out of his lawn. Collect the walnuts if you have a source and make a tea and pore it on your lawn. A quick google search will get you all kinds of info. It is very toxic to certain things so use your own judgement.

I have no knowledge of or am I endorsing it's use. Just throwing it out there.

Given the amount of damage and the time of year I am going to try and smoke them/kill them I picked up some smoke bombs that supposedly kills them, if smoking them does not work I'm going to have to order some mole traps and try that. Thanks everyone for their replies.

G

I have some mole mounds at my place. Lots of chipmunk holes and burrows as well. And of coarse the voles..

So I found Warfin at Richies feeds and needs in Elmvale. Left a bag of that out in a place that was secured from my pets and kids...

Unfortunately, I have to sell me house. So I don't know what the grass will look like next spring. That's really only the time when I see the true damage from the voles, after the snow melts.