Are you kidding me?

fishingwithbob

What scumbag lawyer did she talk to that said "I think you have a case".

The kids were riding on a dark country road, at 1:30 AM , while it was raining and only had reflectors on their bikes rather than headlights and flashing lights on the rear.

That's probably why he thinks they have a case.

Just another way of looking at it.

Edited by lew

The kids were riding on a dark country road, at 1:30 AM , while it was raining and only had reflectors on their bikes rather than headlights and flashing lights on the rear.

Gotta agree with you Lew. Unfortunate outcome for sure. The cop husband following in another vehichle really has me thinking we really haven't heard the whole story though.

As the post above said, the kids were doing something incredibly stupid, irresponsible, and dangerous.

This is a good reminder to parents of teenagers to make it their business to know what their kids are doing, where they are, and who they are hanging out with.

It sounds like a counter legal tactic, against the families lawsuit for 900k

I don't agree with either lawsuit personally, this sounds like a very unfortunate accident that might have been prevented if the kids had proper lights and the driver slowed for conditions

I don't need a lawyer to tell me what's morally right.

Agreed, but who lets their young teenage kids roam free at that time of night? Where were the now grieving parents?

My young 20ish year old girls still have an 11:30 - midnight curfew on weekends and 10:30 on school nights.

is it morally right for the kids family to sue for 900k?

no helmets, no lights, on a highway at 1 am...

there's some critical facts missing, but it sounds like a very sad accident from what I've read so far

When my son passed away, it was province wide news, newspapers, tv stations hounding us, calling relatives known friends etc... All we wanted to do was grieve... It was bad enough having to deal with various government agencies asking questions trying to find out what happened....

Could we have sued? Sure we could have. Would we have won? We would have. Would that bring our son back? No.

No amount of money would have filled the void we felt. It would have only served to destroy other lives.

Money does not cure the grief of losing a child, regardless of amount.

G

Ive got quite a few thoughts on this that bounce back and forth between many of the previous posts in here. But the fact is, unless i was in the car that night or on one of the bikes..........I dont have the information to cast judgement on an internet fishing forum.

what a joke it is about the money,when isn't it. Miss. Simon must think that a couple hundred thousand will make her feel better having to suffer the angish from this, It is a tradgedy all round for everyone involved,something only therapy and time will heal,but to open wounds again and drag this out in court for money is helping no one involved.