Gas prices

BassMan11

Since I got rid of the P/U,I stopped whining. Seen it coming.Ya,I, miss the advantages,but dont mis the burning in my pocket.

whine all you want to those in charge. . Good luck with that. What are we going to do? Burn everything down to the ground like other countries to make our point? Oh theres a smart thing to do.LOL

Still going strong with my $62 fill up last Thursday morning. Fished and traveled everyday til today. Meaford and back 2X,many stops in between. Up to wab this morning,drove through Rama,back into town and off to hwy 9/27 for a pick up. Over to Bradford to check on the fishing. Stop in at 3 spots heading home. Might have to top up for the next week of work.

Not bad for $62 EH.

Ya,tired of fighting these guys.

well...if we're so upset here about the gas prices, what should ppl in Europe do ? gas is there around 1.5euro = 2.3 can dollars :P

diesel is the answer :P engine gives you lots of torque for pulling your toys and with a turbo attached to it gives you good speed too, and all that on low consumption...

Also the real price of diesel should be significantly below the gasoline cause is cheaper to produce...the way it used to be up until a few years ago until monster oil companies figured that they're loosing big money cause turbo diesel engine technologie has rapidly advanced and ppl tend to buy diesel cars being so much more economical and still performant...

ask yourself a question...why all American and Asian car manufacturers sell diesel engine cars all over the world except North America ??? ...to me, the only logical asnwer is political...the idiots in Texas said NOOOO :D :D :D

Edited by aplumma
REALLY that word is banned

Well the auto manufacturers have deemed diesel in SUV vehicles as a 'luxury market' item ffs. Would love to stick it to them for not giving us affordable diesel truck/SUV options. Wife and I want a diesel Jeep but not at their prices and most people I know say VW or Benz are better diesel options over domestics.

VWs are at pretty reasonable prices, especially used, thet's why I've been driving one for the last 10ys :P .Benzs and BMWs are lots more expensive...

But even though I'm not a big fan of American cars, I drove a Ford TDI in Germany and was impressed by it so...they do have the technology, only they don't sell it here :P

If it wasn't for the Rez id probably sell my truck...

Mike,I was almost leaning towards going back to one. This one here,but the $51,000 price tag made me pucker.LOL What is Ford thinking?

way to many features these days. I want a basic single cab 4x4. Stick if possible. :good:

I hope the rumor is true,that they are going to be bringing back the Ranger (well from what I was told by the dealer,F100)

f1514_highlight_lg_tremor.jpg

Edited by Misfish

I'd love to be able to buy a brand new truck with no "crap" on it. Just a plain jane, rubber floor, roll down windows, AM/FM radio, 4x4, 5 spd. I don't need any of the junk all the new trucks have.

I've been looking for a vehicle for months now, and there is NOTHING out there that I want, or trust. It sucks.

I blame it on yuppie citiots that want to look cool driving a truck.

S.

I blame it on yuppie citiots that want to look cool driving a truck.

S.

My 2013 pick-up is just about fully loaded up with all the toys available and listed at $60,000 Shane.

I buy a new vehicle every 3 years or so, as I've done for many years and their always nice ones.

I'm not a yuppie citiot and I don't look cool no matter what I'm driving, but myself, along with thousands of other guys, just happen to like the extra comforts on a truck we worked long and hard to be able to afford.

Doesn't make us bad guys.

Edited by lew

Lew, If you can make it into curve lake, I have never found it to be anything less than a 10 cent/L savings. It may be worth it. I Live in Keene and even though Hiawatha is not as great as curve lake its still about an average of 7 cents/L cheaper than the closest station in town.

I'm not saying your a yuppie citiot lew, I'm just not happy that you can't buy a bare bones truck any more.

Some people dont want all those goodies.

S.

I hear you Shane, but I spose these days the majority of folks don't want bare bones anymore and want at least a few basics like automatics, power doors and windows and air conditioning. Probably not much market for a basic truck anymore and not worth it for the truck manufactures to build them.

I'd love to be able to buy a brand new truck with no "crap" on it. Just a plain jane, rubber floor, roll down windows, AM/FM radio, 4x4, 5 spd. I don't need any of the junk all the new trucks have.

I've been looking for a vehicle for months now, and there is NOTHING out there that I want, or trust. It sucks.

S.

It's a shame there's no market for half-ton manuals anymore