Our poor husky

manitoubass2

Sorry to hear you and the family are going through some sad days.

She looks so much like one of the huskies I had. Ours made it to 16, same leg problems, but wandered off when it was her time.

Sounds like you have some amazing memories though!

Man it brought me to tears reading this thread, I have had to put down a couple of my pups over the years, and its the hardest thing I've had to do. When we knew it was time for our 12year old lab to go down I was able to find a vet here in Peterborough who would come to the house to do it. I layed a blanket out in the back yard sun was shining I got him to lay down on his favorite blanket and laid beside him and looked into his eyes until he was gone, I didn't want him to go in a strange environment but at home with us, and then as a last sign of respect I carried his body to the vets vehicle. It was tough on us but I thought it was only fair as he was my loyal friend, sure it cost a little more but was worth it to me. Resting your head on the pillow at night, know you loved her as much as possible and think about the great life you gave her. I feel for you !

Oh man, so sorry to see this.

I know I have to do the same soon and this is making me 'well up'.

Enjoy every memory you have of her and make more good ones while you can.

Edited by GBW

We have a member on this board that posts as Lake Ranger and she's an amazing artist that specializes in animals. I had her do a 19 x 24 pastel picture of my dog a couple years ago and couldn't believe how nice it turned out.

I haven't seen her post here in a long time and don't even know if she's still around or can be contacted, but just thought some of you dog lovers may be interested.

Just another nice way to remember your friend.

002-3.jpg

Edited by lew

We have a member on this board that posts as Lake Ranger and she's an amazing artist that specializes in animals. I had her do a 19 x 24 pastel picture of my dog a couple years ago and couldn't believe how nice it turned out.

I haven't seen her post here in a long time and don't even know if she's still around or can be contacted, but just thought some of you dog lovers may be interested.

Just another nice way to remember your friend.

002-3.jpg

When I seen Lews,I had one done as well before our Tink left us. Done by the same artist. And yes,worth every cent.

004_zps70c78d86.jpg

Edited by Misfish