BPS - Canada

GBW

Hey all.

So I'm trying to find some more info as to a FEW things I have been hearing (for about a month now) and they are from legit sources; IE legal and property owners.

Has anyone else heard info about BPS looking to move from Vaughan because the Canadian Government Grant (basically 1/2 price rent since they have been there or better) is running out?

They would close the store I'm told and walk free and clear from all the past business. Warranty too in Canada, I duno...

They open up locations based on what the Government Grants are to give them huge discounts on rent and taxes. Hence the locations in the USA being so random too. This I DO KNOW.

Any news to help here is much appreciated, thanks.

G

Having a hard time imagining that the Federal government would give grants to an American retail business to get them to come here.

it's tax dollars at a large volume why not? look at the Obama economic action plan? the company I work for lost about $500,000 in work yearly from just the Siemens plant in downtown Hamilton moving down to Carolina I don't see why Canada would do any different

Having a hard time imagining that the Federal government would give grants to an American retail business to get them to come here.

You do do you... They'll do what ever it takes to make our employment statistics look better and collect income tax from those that work the new "investment". http://www.tradecommissioner.gc.ca/eng/funding/icci/home.jsp

Very similar plans the other way, run by various US states and cities. I could have put a plastics plant in McAllen Texas and paid no rent, nor hydro for the first 5 years.. all they wanted to know is how many square feet I wanted from 5000 to 500,000.

Edited by irishfield

ahhhh So you want to know if BPS is closing down a productive outlet to get out of fixing an allegedly defective product that you may have purchased from them? Don't know what to tell you Geoff.....tough call.

Meh, If it wasn't for the odd time a family member gives me a gift card I don't think I would ever go. So many warranty issues and return hassles its just not worth it. Not to mention the prices are typically brutal, staff rude and rarely have any stock on items on sale.

We had a discussion some time back.I enjoy going in from time to time,and I find the employees pretty help full for the most part.

Many here have had good experiences on returned or warranty items.I myself went for a small sleigh,called a day ahead,had lots.Arrived,sold out.Offered me a bigger one for the same price.Not bad,sure glad I didn't buy the small one .Can hardly fit what I have now .lol.