Seasonal Trailer Park Suggestions

Broker

Hello, my family is looking for a seasonal site to keep our trailer at for the season because lugging it around to PP's is getting tiring, as great as some of those parks are. However were having a hard time finding a good park, some of the websites don't have info etc. We have found that a lot of the nicer quiter parks don't even have a website. Anyway back to the point were looking for suggestion for a campground, preferably have waterfront sites, water/sewage/electricity, and personally one that has GREAT fishing haha. If you have any suggestions you can on me or post on here. Any tips are greatly appreciated thanks!

red bay tent and trailer park, great bass fishing on lake huron, lots of little back lakes, and its only a 15 minute drive from lake huron to georgian bay, not mention great swimming, no real beach, but the bottom is rock and weed free, just sand til you get way way out

Layzee Acres is where I call home in the summer...nice smaller park decent fishing on Dalrymple and close to Cooch,Simcoe,Balsam etc.

You won`t get a waterfront as they are usually taken by the permanent park models.

pm me if you want more info.

I'll agree on this one. One of the guys from work stayed there until last year when he moved further north, he liked the place.

Hey Shasta,

In 2012 I did a lap around Rice Lake in Southern On and stopped in on every resport/ trailer park. Checked out pricing, amenities, owners, park layout, septic, proximity to good fishing, etc.

At the high end was $5,000+/season incl waterfront site ($3,500 for non), conference facilities, restaurant, store, pool, etc. Large park (need a golf cart), lots to do, well run, nice owner, profitable. Trailer parking was in a field way out-of-view.

Mid-range was $3,000+ for non-waterfront site, some amenities like pool, store, fish cleaning hut, freezer facilities. Each site was big enough to park your boat trailer - bonus! Nice owner - family run.

Low-range was $2,500 for non-waterfront, no amenities, very small property - afterthought for trailers. Few trees, family run.

Kawartha Guy

Miner's Bay Lodge

I spent my summers there as a kid

Lots of activities, weekly tournaments (tennis, ping pong, shuffle board, fish derby etc), something going on at rec hall every night (stunt night, movie night, weiner roast etc)

can get a dock on Gull Lake for fishing/ boating, plus lots of other Haliburton fishing opportunities,

PM me if you have questions

Edited by chris.brock

A couple years ago, my buddy and I camped at the Homestead on Eels Lake between Apsley & Bancroft. Seemed like just the type of park you're looking for. Fishing was good for smallies, some big largies and apparently a decent lake trout lake.

www.homesteadpark.com

Edited by Jer