Okay, let's play "What is it?"

Joey

Ralphie was just outside doing his business and came running back into the house with this in his mouth. What the heck is it from.

It was frozen but thawed almost immediately and blood starting coming out of the "flesh" end. I can't be a cat, and seems to small for a dog.

I put the lighter for size reference and it is in the ziploc bag.

Anyone???

11720347706_d0bb8c938d_b.jpg

11719935204_59d43d1169_b.jpg

11719828503_89fa5486e4_b.jpg

11720331236_19a55ee2ae_b.jpg

Well how the heck did a squirrel lose it's tail? Do they fall off or should I be worried about something that can bite a squirrel tail off. I don't think it was Ralphie, but hey, he does chase them.

Well how the heck did a squirrel lose it's tail? Do they fall off or should I be worried about something that can bite a squirrel tail off. I don't think it was Ralphie, but hey, he does chase them.

Cats and dogs sometimes catch the squirrels they chase. If it was frozen then it's likely someone else removed it and Ralph just found it.

Maybe it froze and broke off?

A victem of the ice storm? Kidding.,.

Their tails don't stay on very well. If Ralphie got a tail in his mouth, it would pop off easily..

I've been carrying them by their tails before and had the tail snap off, just from the weight from the squirel.

Hahaha, lovin the responses here. Christopher, I think I will do that and Phil, Paul is "supposedly" at work ;)

Woodenboater, a nice big hook in there and she'll burn right across the surface for sure :)