Ice Storm 2013 - Let's see your pics!

ccmtcanada

Another 7" of snow up here overnight... yesterday was 4" and then a crust of freezing rain on top that I plowed away. Was just going to plow as it didn't look like it was doing anything outside, and the radar shows nothing, but stepping out the door realized it's raining so I'll just throw another log in the fire and put my feet up!

We didn't get it too bad in Dundas, but I had one branch of my cedar in the back break from the weight, then I went into action.

IMG_0266_zpscf98db29.jpg

Got the grill going to melt some of the ice off the other branches hanging low... worked well!

IMG_0264_zps5f9b4753.jpg

Burt :)

Dang it was well above freezing here in SW area no ice all rain lots of it. My sump pump is still going every 3/4-1 hour pumping out 4" at a time in the hole. That's alot of rain here. All our snow is gone and the Thames river is running high and breaking up.

Hope everyone is safe out in the South and eastern parts of Ontario.

As bad as you guys in Toronto got it (and I DO feel bad for the ones suffering) it does not even come CLOSE to what I went through back in '98. Multiply it by 5 (total days) and then you can really relate. Most affected had no power for 7-12 days. The military was called in to help clear the trees. I think it was something like 30-50 mm each day. Fond memories. Good luck with the clean up. We just got ice pellets today-no biggie.