Hamilton cops get a good showcasing

leaf4

There's a video going around the interwebs today and it's brought a lot of praise to the Hamilton police service, I agree fully with every bit of praise they get from this video, it's absolutely hilarious though how meniacal the girl being arrested gets.

It's about on par with an 8 year old throwing a temper tantrum, anyway here's the link!

here's the CBC story on it too.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/hamilton-police-arrest-video-goes-viral-1.2461046

The guy who takes the video makes himself look like an absolute knob too which is also really funny.

Edited by leaf4

lawsuit for what? the cops acted accordingly and with professionalism, also took the time to speak and explain which they didn't have to do, but in doing so painted them and their actions in a good light

i said scam. Seemed the filmer and the arrestee could have been over exaggerating ( to a great deal) in hopes of filing a lawsuit

IMO she was just trying to cause trouble, I don't think she expected to file a lawsuit against the cops.

yeah. I just mentioned it as a possibility because it does happen nowadays, especially with the viral spread of the "police state". She certainly wasnt acting reasonably, but didnt appear to be intoxicated either. Very irrational behaviour and i just find it odd

Kudos to the cops, I'm afraid that if it had been me that idiot with the camera would have been arrested too right after they took him to the hospital to remove the camera! I was also disapointed that his partner didn't do more to help control the situation.

Edited by Big Cliff

Kudos to the cops, I'm afraid that if it had been me that idiot with the camera would have been arrested too right after they took him to the hospital to remove the camera! I was also disapointed that his partner didn't do more to help control the situation.

Why? The cameraman did nothing that was against the law and was simply recording an event occurring in a public place. If it weren't for video cameras there would be far more police brutality and no punishment for those who choose to abuse their power as the police never do anything wrong, unless there is evidence to prove otherwise. There is nothing better than video evidence.

That pathetic excuse for a cop from Barrie who beat a guy while he was handcuffed being a perfect example.

Every cop should be forced to wear a camera with audio which records their activities from the start of their shift right until they head home. Not only would this prevent brutality and corruption, it would also help the police in the event of a lawsuit claiming brutality or excessive force as well as being a very valuable training aid for other cops.

Why? The cameraman did nothing that was against the law and was simply recording an event occurring in a public place. If it weren't for video cameras there would be far more police brutality and no punishment for those who choose to abuse their power as the police never do anything wrong, unless there is evidence to prove otherwise. There is nothing better than video evidence.

That pathetic excuse for a cop from Barrie who beat a guy while he was handcuffed being a perfect example.

Every cop should be forced to wear a camera with audio which records their activities from the start of their shift right until they head home. Not only would this prevent brutality and corruption, it would also help the police in the event of a lawsuit claiming brutality or excessive force as well as being a very valuable training aid for other cops.

In my opinion he was harassing the cops while they were trying to do their job. Record it; by all means but if you aren't going to be part of the solution then stay out of the way! They had their hands full as it was trying to get her to settle down. That idiot shooting his mouth off wasn't helping at all. But that is just MHO

In my opinion he was harassing the cops while they were trying to do their job. Record it; by all means but if you aren't going to be part of the solution then stay out of the way! They had their hands full as it was trying to get her to settle down. That idiot shooting his mouth off wasn't helping at all. But that is just MHO

Your right Cliff when the lady officer told him to not go anywhere I thought he would be next..But ya he should have been put in the car beside her

My brother in law is a Hamilton cop, and a damn good one. They have a great police force and it has far less corruption than many other cities.

Glad to see them getting some credit! I'm sure Pete will be glad to know about this too.

The cop in the video is Mark Morrelli, his Dad, an old friend, is Bernie Morrelli who has sat on city council forever. Bernie is the chair of the Hamilton Police Service's Board. He is one proud pop. Marks probably been hearing about what it means to be a good cop his whole life from Dad.

Bernie hasn't been well and hasn't been able to attend to his civic duties for a while now, hope he's feeling better.

Way to go Mark.

Rich there's good and bad everywhere, there are some really bad cops in Hamilton. Problem is you never hear about the really good one's.