Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

OK, I know this is a bit off topic, but since a lot of Leaf fans hang out here, I thought I'd ask the question. My friend has a Leaf jersey signed by the captain---Phaneuf. He'd like to sell it but is not sure what would be a reasonable price. My suggestion (as a non-Leaf fan) to give it to Goodwill wasn't met with enthusiasm. He's convinced that people will pay maybe 3 digits for it. What do you think?.

OK, I know this is a bit off topic, but since a lot of Leaf fans hang out here, I thought I'd ask the question. My friend has a Leaf jersey signed by the captain---Phaneuf. He'd like to sell it but is not sure what would be a reasonable price. My suggestion (as a non-Leaf fan) to give it to Goodwill wasn't met with enthusiasm. He's convinced that people will pay maybe 3 digits for it. What do you think?.

Three figures is realistic I wil start the bidding at 1.99

Nonis picked up a couple of new players from the Ducks. :good:

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=691855

David Nonis, Senior Vice President and General Manager of the Toronto Maple Leafs, announced Saturday the hockey club has acquired forwards Peter Holland and Brad Staubitz from the Anaheim Ducks. In exchange, Anaheim receives defenceman Jesse Blacker, a 2014 third round pick (it could become a second round pick if certain conditions are met) and Anaheim’s 2014 seventh round pick (originally acquired in David Steckel trade). Holland will report to the Maple Leafs today and Staubitz has been assigned to the American Hockey League’s Toronto Marlies.

Holland, a 22-year-old native of Caledon, Ontario, was originally Anaheim’s first choice, selected 15th overall in the 2009 Entry Draft. This season, the 6-2, 194-pound centre played four games for Anaheim scoring one goal and adding two penalty minutes. In 10 games with the AHL’s Norfork Admirals he registered a team leading nine points (five goals, four assists) along with 22 penalty minutes. In 29 career NHL games he has earned five goals, two assists and eight minutes in penalties.

Staubitz, 29, played six games for Norfolk this season and tallied 10 minutes in penalties. In 230 career NHL games with San Jose, Minnesota, Montreal and Anaheim, the 6-1, 207-pound native of Bright’s Grove, Ontario has registered 21 points (10 goals, 11 assists) and 520 penalty minutes.

Blacker played five games for the AHL’s Toronto Marlies this season collecting one goal and four penalty minutes. He was originally selected 58th overall by the Leafs in the 2009 Entry Draft.

eeek staubitz really? don't know much about Holland, but I hear he is playing tonight.

Staubitz is a good grab.. 4th liner 3 min a night pounding the crap out of anything in the opposite teams colors.. Holland looks good, good setup man