Summer time boating safety!!! I almost died yesterday.

aznphil

That's one hell of a crappy story man. Made me feel a little sick to my stomach reading it to be honest. I'm glad you where all Alive and able to tell the story.

Who knows what was running through his mind. Hopefully it was an honest mistake. That being said, people have to pay for their mistakes. That's life. I hope you get compensated. Keep us posted!

That's insane!!!!

What an :asshat:

Absolutely get a lawer and go after him.

"poop happens"????? Give your head a shake moron.

Should have laid him out before the cop arrived and claimed it was from the accident! :whistling:

Stick it to this jerk.....

alot of the bass boat guys love to pass within only 100' from you.

We were on Chemong on Sunday and a guy in an Alumacraft flew by me not 50' away, and the worst part was he smiled & waved as if everything was good.

Some folks just have no clue.

We were on Chemong on Sunday and a guy in an Alumacraft flew by me not 50' away, and the worst part was he smiled & waved as if everything was good.

Some folks just have no clue.

Gezz Lew, didn't that happen to you last year also, guy rored by you or something like that.

Man stories like this makes me sick, and I suppose poop happens because I have a operators card. :wallbash:

That card thing is just a joke. And the cops are another story. :wallbash:

I jumped all over the OPP that was checking boats at the Orillia Perch Fest, hundreds of boats fishing in the canal at the narrows and big boats and bass boats rored right through people fishing in little boats with kids and canoes. I said to the cop, those idiots roaring through the channel passed all those small boats should be charged. The cop said Those big boats and Bass boat have the right because the others shouldn't be in the canal. :worthy::wallbash: I looked at the cop and blew, :blahblah1: my buds said Dave watch what your saying. I said to the cop, so it's ok to run over anyone that I see JAywalking or an old person that didn't make it across fast enough at the light :dunno: . The OPP left, didn't even ask to see anything, I think he thought he poked the Bear. :angry:

After awhile latter the OPP boat roared right through. Where did common sense go. Man I'm glad I have a OP. card.

Now I'm all worked up, wheres my nerve pills :stretcher: .

Glad to hear everybody was ok. I would definitely follow up with court action. There are far too many boaters who don't have a clue.

Was out on Sunday and it was clearly the busiest day of the season so far. While taking a few visiting cousins tubing I was doing the usual zig zagging but carefully watching my path. There happened to be another boat doing the same. I was in a turn with the other boat approaching and the driver was watching his tube not looking at all at where he was going and I waited and waited to see if he would turn around to see where he was going...he didn't. I went straight to the dock and packed it in until the water cleared.

glad you and your passengers were ok !!!! i live on the kawarthas so i see that crap alot,another reason i dont fish them on the long weekends its a gong show on all of them....you have to have eyes in the back of your head as it is now,i hope you see a lawyer and get your stuff back.....

It happens often that someone looks to be headed straight for me but they always end up veering off. I can't imagine the day someone doesn't. Glad everyone was ok. Scary story. Good reminder to keep your wits about out there at all times.

Don't really want to add costs to boating,but how about a air horn,whether it be electric or compressed air?.I've heard a few out on the lake,kinda sounds like a transport truck horn,That may make someone wake up/not paying attention !,and may save a lot of lives.I'll be picking up a compressed air one this week,for emergency only.

Yep, some idiots out there.

#1 Same kind of boat almost ran over me while fishing a shole on Balsam Lake, he turned at last min.

#2 Fishing a pile (the only pile) of rocks on Scugog, casting at the rocks (outboard tilted up, and bow mount down), and a guy goes between my bow and the rocks doing at least 40 km/hr. Would have loved to see their faces when they hit, but they did not.

#3 Guy runs me down, and forces me to stop or I would be run over, to tell me that I was going too fast after leaving the canal. I had passed the 10km/hr marker and was in the clear. A fully loaded 16 ft aluminum with 25 hp going too fast, heck it is all I could do to plane. He went on to say that it was his lake, and he owned it, his passengers were telling him to cool down, and saying sorry to me. I'd have loved to find where he docked, and pulled his plug, no regrets.

Keep your head up, stay safe.