NHL draft day nf

kickingfrog

Ok here's a question and lets not get into a Leafs bash or support thing here.... if Horton and Ribiero signed around 5.5, whats Kadri worth?

Leafs supporter here... He's not worth much yet.... has had 1 good half season. I will get back to you on the worth after the upcoming season

Clarkson for 7 years is insane. We still dont have a #1 center. Stephen Weiss anyone?

Gained: Bolland, Bernier, Clarkson, Bozak

Gone: Grabo, Komisarek, Macarthur, Komorov

Not bad but Clarkson is not a fix.

Lines are:

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel Phaneuf-Franson

Clarkson-Kadri-JVR Gardiner-Gunnarsson

? - Bolland- Kulemin Fraser- Liles/O'Byrne

Mclaren-McClement-Orr Reimer/Bernier.

Wheres muskymatt

PRAISE ELFIE

The biggest story of the day however might be Daniel Alfredsson who is leaving the Ottawa Senators after 17 seasons in the nation's capital.

According to TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger, the long-time Ottawa captain made the Senators aware of his decision on Thursday night and will sign a one-year, $5.5 million contract with the Detroit Red Wings.

Last season, Alfredsson scored 10 goals and 16 assists in 47 games. He also added 4 goals and 10 points in 10 playoff games.

The native of Gothenburg, Sweden has spent his entire career with Ottawa, scoring 426 goals and adding 682 assists in 1,178 games. The 40-year-old veteran was originally selected in the sixth round by the Senators at the 1994 NHL Entry Draft.

This is ensane

The Red Wings also landed former Florida Panther centre Stephen Weisswith a five-year, $24.5 million contract.

Weiss, the 4th overall pick in the 2001 draft, played in just 17 games for the Panthers last season due to a wrist injury but had scored at least 20 goals in each of the three previous seasons.

Heading to Ottawa meanwhile, is left-winger Clarke MacArthur who signed a two-year $6.5 million dollar deal with the Senators. MacArthur, who was originally drafted 73rd overall by Buffalo in 2003, scored eight goals and 20 points for the Maple Leafs last season.

Edited by Misfish

Bobby Ryan traded to the sens....that should help easy the the pain of losing whats his face!!!!

sign a one-year, $5.5 million contract with the Detroit Red Wings.

I,ll bet,it,s his last year too. An easy 5.5 retirement fund. LOL

So let me get this straight... The Leafs sign Bozak, who has only broken 40pts once and has never potted 20goals, and Clarkson, who makes Komisarek look like an Olympic speed skater and averages 29 pts per season to contracts in excess of 4 mil each? In the process lost Clarke MacArthur who signed for 2, not 7, years at a little over 3mil per? Its official, I threw up all over myself.

So let me get this straight... The Leafs sign Bozak, who has only broken 40pts once and has never potted 20goals, and Clarkson, who makes Komisarek look like an Olympic speed skater and averages 29 pts per season to contracts in excess of 4 mil each? In the process lost Clarke MacArthur who signed for 2, not 7, years at a little over 3mil per? Its official, I threw up all over myself.

Drama, it's happening again, lol.

May I suggest a few ice cold Coors Lights to help with your ailment. :)