NHL draft day nf

kickingfrog

Lots moves expected today. My big questions are: Are the Avalanche bluffing with the #1 pick? Does Bobbylou finaly move? Where does Vinny sign? And to a lesser extent, Who, if anybody, drafts Martin Brodeur's son.

A few unexpected happenings eh.

The devils make a late move to get a late pick and Martin Brodeur gets to announce his son's name at the draft. Cool father son moment but his son is a bit of a long shot. Guess we'll see in a few years. :dunno:

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/martin-brodeur-announces-son-selection-nj-devils-classic-023742760.html

I'm curious how Luongo will like playing for a team that was trying to get rid of him and solely blame him for the 2011 collapse to the Bruins. Unreal draft. Free agency will be even better! I think Lecalvier will be heading to Montreal.

I'm curious how Luongo will like playing for a team that was trying to get rid of him and solely blame him for the 2011 collapse to the Bruins. Unreal draft. Free agency will be even better! I think Lecalvier will be heading to Montreal.

Yeah, I can't see Lou enjoying that scenario much. As for Vinny,. Montreal seems like the place he'll end up.

Ya Rob not sure if there would be a stall that he will fit into!!!

Not sure if he will end up in Montreal, not sure if he wants the attention.

Ya I can see how the anonymity that a hockey player has in some/many US cities would be appealing.

If they had a goalie it would make sense?

Edit to add: maybe one of Couturier or Schenn could be involved in a trade for a goalie or an upgrade on D? Otherwise, seems a little sideways to give a banged up VL a full NMC for the full five. Figured Holmgren wouldve learned his leason with Bryzgalov.

Edited by Jigger

Does not surprise me in the least philly is a good place for him I am guessing the habs and other teams were smart enough not offer a 5 year deal, and please somebody tell me how Holmgren still has a job as a GM after the mess he has made of goaltending situation, Briere, Carter, Richards etc.

Komo bought out.

Does not surprise me in the least philly is a good place for him I am guessing the habs and other teams were smart enough not offer a 5 year deal, and please somebody tell me how Holmgren still has a job as a GM after the mess he has made of goaltending situation, Briere, Carter, Richards etc.

No answer.

Not sure if serious...

Bozak is a solid centre. My worry is the $ and term.