Quickest way to start a fishing fight?

Dave Bailey

Yup wouldn't want anyone else to experience catching a world class brook trout now would we, its reserved exclusively for DanC :blahblah1:

Give me a break....

Glad you found this. It's not going to be world class for long if everyone does what you did. Are friends of your friends of your friends heading up there this year with your paid for knowledge?

Actually the friends of my friends of my friends of my friends are... But that's okay right because you don't even fish there, you have much better spots.

I do have better spots for sure. You are fishing in an aquarium (between two hydro dams) of perhaps the best trophy Brook Trout reproduction waters on the planet. Have fun and make sure you bring a bunch more people next year. Your paid for knowledge is gonna win you a bunch of new friends. I spent 30 years learning this system and you're giving it all away for a few hundred bucks spent. Nice.

It isn't about winning new friends. People have given me knowledge on different areas before which has improved how well I did that, so I thought I would return the favour to someone else. Lots of people on this forum take but never give, I was trying not to be one of them. I was unaware that helping out one group that was going there anyways was so terrible.

If guides are willing to take people out for money to their best spots. They are willing to have those spots taken from them for that amount.

Is that not what a guide is for after all? To show off the area and make others good fishermen as well?

cheers.

If guides are willing to take people out for money to their best spots. They are willing to have those spots taken from them for that amount.

Is that not what a guide is for after all? To show off the area and make others good fishermen as well?

cheers.

Not what I've seen for the most part...

Usually people hire a guide to learn how to fish different techniques... Learn what kind of spots/structure hold fish.... What lures work well on certain water bodies... Sometimes it's a rookie looking to fast track the learning curve of difficult fish.... Or even someone that fishes one specie and doesn't want to spend the time to learn another...

I did have 1 client openly admit to me a week after we did a trip that he booked me to find spots... And after our trip he spent 2 days trying to find my spots and catch on them with almost 0 success.... But he did say he started catching a lot more fish on spots he already knew before... This was a local angler that is retired and I have yet to see him at all... Let alone on "my" spots...

Just what I've seen so far...

The Nipigon river is without a doubt the most well known spot on the planet for big brook trout. There's been multiple television shows filmed there as well as countless magazine articles written, some with detailed maps of hotspots included.

I fail to see how a post on a fishing forum is that big of a deal.

On the other hand I have a very good friend who lives in Thunder Bay (ironically enough also named Dan LOL!) who fishes brookies exclusively on the big lake.

I can tell you he's not very happy with the recent surge of online reports outlining precisely where guys are fishing. It's a huge sore point with him and I can understand why.

Uh oh, Danc has company on the Nipigon.......call the whaaaambulance!! Secrets out!!

Try living around here man! You'd cry a river if you had to deal with the Bull around here. It happens everywhere....

S.

Uh oh, Danc has company on the Nipigon.......call the whaaaambulance!! Secrets out!!

Try living around here man! You'd cry a river if you had to deal with the Bull around here. It happens everywhere....

S.

No thanks. I couldn't live anywhere near there. My point is this. The guy I called out has "steelheader" tagged to his name. Aren't "steelheaders" the whiniest people on the planet about giving up locations? Yet they can come to my neck of the woods, pay for knowledge and information, and then give it all away freely? How about if I hired a guide and did some steelhead fishing down there and then sent all my buddies to his honey holes? Do you think he'd be ok with that? I could make $1000.00 bucks a weekend guiding.Tax free. I've been offered that and more. But I won't sell my locations. That's how important this fishery is to me. But if you want free info, you know who to ask.

Start a thread about fishing fights on OFC seems to be one that works. :)

lol ...the irony...

You could post only if you have nothing good to say.....ie...

On this board, saying anything other than "Way to go Lew!" will pretty much do it.

Jim

PS - you can substitute Lew with Wayne, Terry, Big Cliff, etc. etc.

No thanks. I couldn't live anywhere near there. My point is this. The guy I called out has "steelheader" tagged to his name. Aren't "steelheaders" the whiniest people on the planet about giving up locations? Yet they can come to my neck of the woods, pay for knowledge and information, and then give it all away freely? How about if I hired a guide and did some steelhead fishing down there and then sent all my buddies to his honey holes? Do you think he'd be ok with that?

It seems that you're as whiny as any steelhead angler. I've noticed in the past that you see pike as garbage fish and Brookie's as the chosen fish. Just curious would you care at all if people posted Pike spots from your neck of the woods? My guess is no.

It seems that you're as whiny as any steelhead angler. I've noticed in the past that you see pike as garbage fish and Brookie's as the chosen fish. Just curious would you care at all if people posted Pike spots from your neck of the woods? My guess is no.

Pike are everywhere up here. Come and get em. Nipigon Brook Trout are like no other place on the planet. They deserve some respect. If you want some 40"+ waypoints for pike, pm me. Nobody targets Pike here. They are the last thing that you want to see on the end of your line up here. I can catch a 36" Pike a 3 minute drive from my house. Guaranteed. But why would I? They stink. They almost always swallow your offering. No good to eat. And I catch way too many of them.