I found a rod and reel on the road. Is it yours?- Owner Found!

Cudz

5:30 pm Sunday June 9th.

I found a rod and reel on the road. Must have blown out of a boat. If you can tell me exactly what kind of rod and reel it is, you can come collect it.

It was found in Barrie.

Edited by Cudz

x2 well done. I lost my phone at the zoo on saturday, went back to where I thought I lost it and a guy saw me looking aron and asked if I lost something, he found my phone and gave it back. On my way out of the zoo I found a phone someone dropped. Tried to contact them but the phone was locked so I droppd it off at security right then a woman came up the security in a pacink that she just lost her phone. yep it was hers...

What goes around comes around.

The rod is about this long with a handle on one end and rings that go from above the reel to the tip. The reel is hard to describe since it was a very special present from my dear departed wife. I just get to choked up to describe it (sniff dude) and further. Please send it home to me at your expense since it will cost an arm and a leg to get it to the USA.

Thank you my good man

Art

The rod is about this long with a handle on one end and rings that go from above the reel to the tip. The reel is hard to describe since it was a very special present from my dear departed wife. I just get to choked up to describe it (sniff jerk) and further. Please send it home to me at your expense since it will cost an arm and a leg to get it to the USA.

Thank you my good man

Art

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!! sly devil ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

The owner came and picked up the rod and reel from my house today. He was happy and so was I. Glad he got it back. He saw my ad on Kijiji

:clapping::good:

If I had found it, and the rod knew how bad I was at fishing, it would have placed the ad itself.

Ok. So here is the deal. The guy who owned it lived one street over from me. I found the rod on the road between my and BillM's house (we live about 300 yards from each other). I immediately call BillM to ask if it was his as it was good quality. Nope.

So the guy described it in great detail. It was in his boat and he was on his way to the lake but stopped at McDon's for food. When he got to the lake he saw it was missing and assumed someone stole it out of his boat while he was getting food. He went on Kijiji because he figured someone might try to sell it.

The rod and reel were a father's day gift from a few years back so they were special to him. Turns out he too is a teacher and works with a bunch of friends of mine.

The rod was a St.Croix premier 6'6" medium light with a shimano sustain FD 2500 (nice).

Here is the funny part. I spooled it up with 8lb fluoro and used it as a drop shot rod to fish a tournament on Georgian Bay yesterday. My partner and I came 2nd (18.5 pounds) and also captured big fish 4.5 pounds. Nice payout for me yesterday. That rod and reel also landed our second biggest fish at 4.14 pounds.

tourney1.JPG

And the kicker. The guy who came over for the rod brought with him a $50 LCBO gift card and gave it to me as a reward. I tried to give it back but he would not have it.

All in all everything worked out well for everyone.

Edited by Cudz