30.5" walleye, 40" pike, Lakers and bass report,pics and video

limeyangler

Hi all,

Finally got out in the boat for a good session. Was out on the lake by 6am with high enthusiasm but low expectations.....late iceout could have the fish anywhere than where they should be.

Turns out they were pretty close to where they usually are just shallower (14' being the key depth all morning.

Stayed for just over 5 hours and must have caught close to 15 walleye, none under 22" and the best at 30.5". With the water temperature between 48 and 51F the trout were out to play too and I boaters 4. Inbetween the Walters an Lakers the bass and pike came out to play.....got a really nice 40" pike!

Only moved once when the walleye bite died, went in search for them deep but nothing there.

Basically turned on the spot lock on the Minn Kota and the fish came to me...really needed a good session interest boat...and for what amounted to this years maiden voyage was not disappointed!

All fish on large dace minnows and 3/8oz chartreuse jig...simple but deadly today it seemed.

When I got home my boy was just going for a nap but he saw me pull up with the boat...that was it.....he wanted to go fishing...so after his nap we all headed to a local pond and had supper in the boat...while the wife and I threw topwaters getting a few pike and bass, while Jack netted the only walleye of the evening.

WALLEYE, LAKERS, BASS and PIKE video

IMG_4636.jpg

IMG_4640.jpg

IMG_4665.jpg

IMG_4658.jpg

IMG_4660.jpg

IMG_4666.jpg

IMG_4672.jpg

IMG_4674.jpg

IMG_4682.jpg

IMG_4653.jpg

IMG_4697.jpg

IMG_4694.jpg

IMG_4693.jpg

IMG_4692.jpg

We all slept very well after lots of fresh air.

Happy memories.