It was a rainy day,so,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Visited a OFC brudder.

misfish

I headed out to visit me brudder from another mudder. 

I was to make the visit wednesday,but well things happen. :whistling: LOL  :wallbash:
So,it was to be today to meet up with me udder brudder. Up at 5am,on the road by 5:45,grab a timmies and I was off. With the forecast,I figured fishing wasnt going to happen,but I loaded up the car,and off I was to finally meet him,and get to know the area.The drive was,well,crazy. One minute there was a down pour that forced me to pull off,then theres was breaking cloud. It was like that all the way the there. Lots of lighten too.

The location I was headed to, the mighty Saugeen. In all my years of fishing,I have never been to the mighty geen. I have heard many a great stories though. Today,I was kicking my behind for not ever going there. What a great river.It reminded me of a mini Niagara. Although today was unfishable,,me brudder was kind enough,to show me the wheres and whats,and give a tour of the beautiful town of South Hampton and Port Elgin. The shores of Lake Huron are sweet,but sad to see the low water levels.
Our fist stop was the lift. I was hopeing there was going to be a lift today,and could help out,,but the waters were wild. The byes that were there ,were a great group. Friendly and made you feel like family.They were just doing some clean up,and just checking the camera. I learned that the lift was started in 1959-1960. The stories from one of ole byes was so cool. He had been doing it since 1965. :worthy:  :clapping:  :canadian:

001-20_zps85b1f879.jpg

002-24_zpsee2f29f0.jpg

008-9_zps9cf1c91e.jpg

009-12_zps19c9da69.jpg

012-9_zpsfa9ac150.jpg

I did manage some videos aswell. I was told the club was allowed to lift 1500 trout. The rest are left on their own to make it to the promise grounds.

Once the clean up was done,they closed up shop,so it was time for the tour.
Me brudder took me for what I am very thankfull for,,the spots. Sorry,no pics of them. :P

Here are some pics. My first visit to lake Huron..

Theres still some old tabbaco shacks. Very cool.

014-5_zpsbd5c95e9.jpg

006-11_zps175fc8fb.jpg

005-19_zps14b176a6.jpg

I thought this pic turned out great. It was a long ways for a shot,

020-4_zps5f3b00b4.jpg

Well it was time to head home. The rains had slowed,and pretty much finished on my drive home.

One last stop. Oh it was spewing chocolate milk.

025_zpsb7d97520.jpg

029-2_zpsd6fe0ccb.jpg

021-2_zps03b5126b.jpg

This one made me laugh. Wonder what someone would pay to clean it? LOL

030-1_zps0179e242.jpg

Thanks for the great tour there me udder brudder

TWOCODA AND I . 

007-8_zps28f5e70c.jpg

I may not get back up this spring,but keep my room booked for the fall. Hotrods and steel in October..

Nice to finally meet ya. Yer  :good: in my books.

Oh ya,I got the sniff over. Gizmo wasnt impressed.LOL

Edited by Misfish

heres at least a $100 worth of floats n shot hangin off that wire. Great post. Thanks for sharing.

Try twice that.LOL Thanks Mox

great way to spend a day. Twocoda's a good man.

Atleast it was still fishing related.

Glad you dudes got together. Great pics there Brian. Only the lighthouse shot with all the cormorants in the trees is kinda disgusting though....

Ya that was sick Roy. Been trying to get up to meet Dave for awhile now. Glad I made the trip.

Thanks for sharing, you had a great day despite the rain.

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuupppppppppp :canadian:

Great pictures, looks like it will be a great fishing area when the water slows down a tad!

More then a tad Dave. I was watching fish surface,where grounds are normally bare rock.LOL

very cool dude

Can you say ROAD TRIP??????????? :worthy:

My favourite river bar none, glad you at least got to see it.

Mike,it just became mine as well,and I didnt even get to fish it. That ladder lift had me pumped. This is something I would be stoked to do,if it was closer. Maybe a dam can be built on the notty.LOL

What a water system. Oh and a side note. Sauble was blown. Well the top part by the road. Fields were flooded.Many river flows.LOL

Any time B...the pleasure was mine...too bad for the rain and water conditions...but under the circumstances the best part of fishing still holds true...meeting good people :) ....maybe next time your in the area youll have the opportunity to work the Dam...that probably wont happen until fall though as the permit is almost completed for trucking the fish up river...(its been a very good year with minimal effort)....

OK who has a drift boat and wants to meet me at the cable with all the floats!...lol..

Cheers Brudder

Thanks for the tour Brian.

excellent shot of the Light house, well cept for the cormorant nests.... hilarious of the cable and floats.... What some people will do to try and fish another 10 ft into a sanctuary......

I was in a wedding party this summer at the pier by the lighthouse ( i think there were some cannons there ) Buddy of mine has lived up there for 8 Years and have been up a few times but never fished. Never seen little communities come to life when summer rolls in like port elgin and south hampton. Beautiful area. I remember one year we rented kayaks and did a 10 km kayak ride ( down stream) trully enjoyable. I went to step out of my kayak on to what i thought was a sand bottom turned out it was covered with crawfish, i couldnt believe it, i had never seen that many crawfish in one spot in my entire life and too this day i remember that about the saugeen, it to seemed to be quite a healthy river.