What are you going to chase first?

NAW

For those who have not yet made it out on the soft water this season...

What fish are you going to target first this season?

I am really geared up for walleye and pike. But have to wait a while before the season opens up.

As soon as I can launch my boat at the honey hole, I am going to try from some spring Crappie. Gunna be a few weeks yet..

Walleye opener is gonna be epic this year! Some nice, unfished backlakes, casting into 2-3 fow for surface hitting walleye, mix in a few pike...oh baby!

I might get a chance to cast for some manitoulin bows before the season gets too late. I always look forward to that.

If the ice is off of it (which might be doubtful this year) by the time we get to camp, a back lake by air for lakers. If not, well, I'll have to wait a week for pickeral to open and cast off the dock!

and here I was waiting for you to say "skirts" or "pigeon's" LOL!!!!!!

Me, anything as my fishing has been limited so anything will do.

Walleye opener is gonna be epic this year! Some nice, unfished backlakes, casting into 2-3 fow for surface hitting walleye, mix in a few pike...oh baby!

I might get a chance to cast for some manitoulin bows before the season gets too late. I always look forward to that.

Need some company?

Walters for me open May 18, I'm guessing it's the same for you. It will be nice to have a May 24 camping weekend when I can actually have a shore lunch!!

In all seriousness though Chad.. I am in the process of planning a may 24 camping trip to target walleye and pike. We really should get together. You too Joey!!

Need some company?

Walters for me open May 18, I'm guessing it's the same for you. It will be nice to have a May 24 camping weekend when I can actually have a shore lunch!!

In all seriousness though Chad.. I am in the process of planning a may 24 camping trip to target walleye and pike. We really should get together. You too Joey!!

I nearly forgot about smelt until Trouty mentioned them!! that's comming soon!

I'm in for a May 24 opener camping trip...absolutely!..I guess the long weeked starts on the 19th this year??? I have two or three different lakes in mind, all with great camping spots and two of them very secluded. I'll pass the message on to Joey----he has not interweb these days.

crappie's as soon as the ice is out, walters of course can't see it being any better this year than last which was outstanding, then maybe some snot rockets to tie me over till bass fishing, may also 4x into some stocker lakes for ice out lakers with the 12 ft boat to many discisions for div 15 and 17

Last couple years i have been going to rice lake and fishing crappie, however i cought more pickerel then crappie.... They are out of season there so its probably not a good idea. I was amazed at the size of them also, 90% were over 7lbs. And i fished off a dock... Think this year i might skip and go for some northerns!

Well, crappie from ice out until walleye opens then walleye, walleye, walleye for this guy! I owe a couple of guys a REALLY good fishing trip and intend to try and give them a day to remember. Then I still have lots of other people I want to fish with this year. Last year work got in the way, this year Fishing is going to get in the way of work!