dead deep cycle battery

super dave

I got mine at CTC, I'll get you the name and mak tomorrow. It automatically senses a sulphyted battery and goes into a "mode' to try to desulphite it. Hasn't worked on every one but better than half of all the ones I've tried have gotten me another year out of them. The better the quality of the battery, the better the results seem to be.

Costco does have deep cycle batteries.I bought mine for my boat and trailer last year.Paid I think 78 bucks each and didn't have to pay a core charge.Took my old batteries to the metal recyclers and got 5 bucks each.

Kerry

Buying a battery , I've sold at least 2000 of them .

" Core Charge "

Battery 100$ core charge 5$ = 105$ + tax .

old battery returned later with receipt or at POS .

Battery 100$ core charge 5$ = 105$ + tax - 5$ core charge = 100$ + tax.

Thank you sir.

Salty,

You said,

"Go to bps or any marina close to you."

I'm shopping for new deep cell batteries, what is bps? And why no CTC battery? Most no name batteries ie Nautilus are made by Johnson Controls, I'm being steered towards Kirkland brand from Costco by a few folks here, as does captpierre who just posted. Kirkland is Costco's generic brand, named after where their headquarters are in Kirkland Washington. Costco doesn't have a battery factory either and guess who makes Kirkland, Johnson Controls, same company that makes Canadian Tire brand and Walmart batteries and many others as well.

One point no one has made is to check the "in service date" on the battery. There should be 2 dates, the manufature date and the date or month it is activated or acid added. You would be surprised how many sit on the shelf, doesn't matter what store, and you end up buying something that's half dead before yuo make use of it. The longer it sits without being maintained or recharged, the shorter the lifespan is.

After buying a battery from bps for $300 i decided to go to a 24v system, so i bought a second one from sail for $250 and it lasted 2 charges before it stopped holding charge. Guy at sail said they got almost all of them back for same reason. Then i went to canadian tire and bought a nautilus for $160 i think, and it holds a better charge still then any of the other ones at half the price... Just my experience tho.

Go to Total Battery and pick up a little dew hicky that you hook up to your battery when charging and it sends rapid pulse waves or something like that and knocks the crud of the plates. Also have little bottles of pink stuff you add to your battery to help restore them. It works i haved them and therre not a gimmick.

Big Cliff,

Where would I find such a charger and what will I be looking for?

OK, it is a Motomaster Intelligent automatic battery charger. If I remember correctly they are about $90.00 but I think I only paid about $65.00 for it on special. I'd gladly lend you mine to try if we can arange to get it to you.

OK, it is a Motomaster Intelligent automatic battery charger. If I remember correctly they are about $90.00 but I think I only paid about $65.00 for it on special. I'd gladly lend you mine to try if we can arange to get it to you.

I gots the same one. nautilus smart charger really works well for getting a full charge

Thanks Big Cliff, much appreciated, will take a look.

Thanks Big Cliff, much appreciated, will take a look.

I'm trying to figure out how I can get my charger down to you or your battery up here. Might be able to work out some kind of a relay with a little help from some other members. Even if we can get the battery up to Milton, I have to go down there in the next week or so to pick up a fridge and dishwasher to help a friend out. If you could get the battery to Milton, I can take care of getting up here and back down if we can get it working.