Pic fishing in simcoe

Blair

Ok Im going to say this nicely.

Please introduce yourself and what you like to fish for.

Maybe rephrase your question to "can anyone help me with locating some pike and walleye on Simcoe".

Edited by misfish

Try this one:

Sorry guys - guess my sence of humour is not to sharp tonight. The Gps waypoint that was here IS for Simcoe - but I have never fished this point and am not really sure exactly where it is. It was just a starting point for baitbutcher to try. Hope I didn't get anyone rialled up.

Don

Edited by Tracker

Now dont quote me on this...but I heard that as long as you put your line in the water....with either some live bait or artificial lure, that some people pull lots of fish out of there. I think the world record pic came from there. But you didn't hear it from me.....shhhhhh.......

Sorry for the sarcasm...you may get better responses if you introduce yourself first.

Edited by ccmtcanada

How soon some people forget !! We were all new once and for you guys to sit here and pick apart a new member is embarrassing.Yes he should have introduced himself but i made the same mistake and was pinned to the wall for it !! Rewind and take a breath. Everytime i see you guys jump on people who do this ,Why is that ? Do you feel better after ? Feel like more of a man? Seriuosly guys from someone who has been crusing for years and became a memeber 2yrs ago I expect more out of my fellow OFC members.I see tons of people helping each other here with different things from fishing to personal losses can we please stop this useless banter.The only thing you are accomplishing is to prevent new members from joining.Would you come back ? We are here to help each other aren't we or do you have to be part of the "boys club" that seems to be developping on this board to truly feel welcome.This has once again left a bad taste in my mouth and just wanted to speak my mind as I feel we have one of the best boards out there .Why not politely explain the rules instead of the typical sarcastisc response.And honestly how many of you actually read all the rules and such before you started reading the posts ? Not many I'm sure.Have some class and instruct not insult.My two cents :wallbash:

Well said specktacklure !!

This board used to be alot friendlier a few years back before someone came up with the idea that every new person who had something to ask, needed to write a whole friggen biography about himself before he could ask a simple question.

Used to be a fellow could stop by and ask a simple question and everybody would step up and do what they could for him.

Now if you don't tell everybody your whole life story your made to look like an idiot.

No wonder so many of the old members have left with some of the attitudes around here lately

Edited by lew

the guy, Joined: 7-January 07..if he's been around that long he should know better

but we were a little hard on him

maybe in the email that is sent to activate accounts it should state

"do not ask for hot spots on your first 10 posts

and after 10 post expect people to lie or make jokes about it"

How soon some people forget !! We were all new once and for you guys to sit here and pick apart a new member is embarrassing.Yes he should have introduced himself but i made the same mistake and was pinned to the wall for it !! Rewind and take a breath. Everytime i see you guys jump on people who do this ,Why is that ? Do you feel better after ? Feel like more of a man? Seriuosly guys from someone who has been crusing for years and became a memeber 2yrs ago I expect more out of my fellow OFC members.I see tons of people helping each other here with different things from fishing to personal losses can we please stop this useless banter.The only thing you are accomplishing is to prevent new members from joining.Would you come back ? We are here to help each other aren't we or do you have to be part of the "boys club" that seems to be developping on this board to truly feel welcome.This has once again left a bad taste in my mouth and just wanted to speak my mind as I feel we have one of the best boards out there .Why not politely explain the rules instead of the typical sarcastisc response.And honestly how many of you actually read all the rules and such before you started reading the posts ? Not many I'm sure.Have some class and instruct not insult.My two cents

Yes yer 2 cents on that.

Now I have given plenty,maybe not in the open but by pm.Give me a break. I have come to learn that the open forum is WAY TO OPEN. Took a few to show me this and have become good friends. Sorry if I offended ya but those are the facts.Maybe go back and search some reports of I took him and now theres all these people there. FAVORITE SPOTS MY donkey.

Lew I am shocked that you would aggree to this,wasnt it you that was upset when it WAS YOUR LAKE that was being dished out.Come on.

Now with that said, yes we jumped on him,but like Terry said,He,s been here for awhile and LURKING.It,s Simcoe for gawd sakes. Dude who ever you are dont take it too personal,it,s just the way some of us see it here.

Like I have said many times,you want the hows and whens,you will get all the help ya want.but as far as the where spots,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,AINT GOING TO HAPPEN.

If I upset some well,it is what it is.

HAVE A NICE DAY. :Gonefishing::canadian:

I agree with Lew and Speck. Take it easy on the guy. He's new and he's asking for help. Now, I hope he comes back and corrects his spelling because I don't know what the heck he wants to fish for. Is it pike? or is it pick(eral)? As for giving away your hotspots, you don't have to if you don't want to.

Lew I am shocked that you would aggree to this,wasnt it you that was upset when it WAS YOUR LAKE that was being dished out.Come on.

Brian, I wasn't referring to the fact he asked for some fishing spots, that's been hashed over plenty in the last few days, I'm referring to the way some of the folks on this board have started talking to new members lately.

You've been on this board as many years as me, infact maybe even more, so you'll remember the way new members were treated back then and they sure weren't made to look like damned fools if they made a mistake in protocol.

It never used to be that you had to give your entire life history to ask a question around here but it's sure gotten that way lately !!

I never touched a computer in my life and just found this board by accident while I was trying to figure things out and had absolutely NO idea of any type of computer protocol and I sure as heck didn't write an essay on myself and nobody else did back then didn't either, the folks just signed on and joined in the fun.

Who knows, maybe this new poster is just learning this puter stuff himself, just like so many of us on here, we didn't all grow up with a computer instead of a typewriter.

As I said in my original post, an awful lot of the old guys have left this board and the attitude of some of our members are a big part of the reason. The worst part of it all though, is some of the guys around here who are always spouting the rules to newcomers have only been members themselves for a few months.

Certainly a new guy shouldn't be coming on here and asking for hot spots in his 1st post, but just maybe, he's also new to computers or fishing and he also doesn't understand the way things are done, but that's no reason for some of the guys to make him look and feel like a total moron for a slip in protocol.

And THAT'S the reason alot of guys no longer post here !!

Myself I dont thing that is the reason.There are so many venues out there on the WWW to get your sweets.I was on 10 fishing sites and half a dozen hunting sites. I,ll bet yas I visit 3 fishing sites now and 2 hunting sites.Just to much out there.Need to pick what serves you and what you can serve.And Im sure there are members that have turned away because the NET has become to WIDE OPEN.I know I am getting there. I like to share my day/outings but dont want to have pm after pm of wheres.

Like I said ,maybe we jumped on him and like I said Im sorry but yea your right ,maybe explain the rules and the past things that have happen,but it does get a little long in the tooth.Wouldnt you say????????????????????

Edited by misfish

Yes yer 2 cents on that.

Now I have given plenty,maybe not in the open but by pm.Give me a break. I have come to learn that the open forum is WAY TO OPEN. Took a few to show me this and have become good friends. Sorry if I offended ya but those are the facts.Maybe go back and search some reports of I took him and now theres all these people there. FAVORITE SPOTS MY donkey.

Now with that said, yes we jumped on him,but like Terry said,He,s been here for awhile and LURKING.It,s Simcoe for gawd sakes. Dude who ever you are dont take it too personal,it,s just the way some of us see it here.

Like I have said many times,you want the hows and whens,you will get all the help ya want.but as far as the where spots,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,AINT GOING TO HAPPEN.

If I upset some well,it is what it is.

HAVE A NICE DAY. :Gonefishing::canadian:

and with a post like that, i can only imagine what new members think :rolleyes:

an admin should delete this entire thread because its simply a disgrace. ive met alot of people off websites and most of them arent anything like their "online ultra ego". time for some of you guys to take a reality check and go back and read some of your posts and think about how the new guy feels.

all it woulda took is someone to simply state that you will have to be on the site for a while to prove that you will be a great addition to the communtiy. but instead you guys jumped all over the guy like a bunch of lunatics....

and with a post like that, i can only imagine what new members think :rolleyes:

an admin should delete this entire thread because its simply a disgrace. ive met alot of people off websites and most of them arent anything like their "online ultra ego". time for some of you guys to take a reality check and go back and read some of your posts and think about how the new guy feels.

all it woulda took is someone to simply state that you will have to be on the site for a while to prove that you will be a great addition to the communtiy. but instead you guys jumped all over the guy like a bunch of lunatics....

Hey ch312........................................TAKE A HIKE.I have seen your posts on other boards and you seem to think you are the know all of know all.PLEASE WHAT EVER.

Care to share yer hot spots or your favorite hunting areas????????????????????

Thought not.

Like I said,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,HAVE A NICE DAY. :angel: