For any frog guys

Cudz

Je ne parle pas de mes amis francophone. ;)

Canadian Tire in Barrie has Matzuo two pack of weedless frogs for $3.19. One is pretty small but the other is good size. Now I am not usually a fan of Matzuo products but a soft cheap weedless frog is not a bad investment. I would probably throw these in PIkey water as I have in past lost $10 frogs to the toothy critters. Hooks look ok and we will see how they do. I couldn't pass up the deal. These are popper style frogs and I don't have many of them so I will give them a try. At about $1.60 per frog it is not a bad deal.

Here is a pic of the two packs I bought

frogs.JPG

Edited by Cudz

Isn't fly fishing all about subtle finessing. Not powering through the slop? How are you gonna pull the fish out of the weeds? I am sur eyou will get hits but setting the hook and getting the fish out will be a challenge. I have lost fish frog fish in pads with 50 pound braid and 8 foot heavy action rods with high ratio baitcaster. picking up the slack and getting it nose up is gonna be tough. I say get some go pro action of this. :)

A hook with a cork on it would catch bass in shallow weedy places.

Give me a big crazy crawler or houla popper or a waterdawg and look out..

Not to say frog lures dont work but I have yet to find one that out produces live frogs or the lures above.

I would never use a live frog.

For fishing slop, hollow body frogs are superior to hula poppers and anything else with hanging trebles.

Exactly. The only thing that works almost as well on/over the pads is maybe a texas rige senko or plastic frog (non hollow)

I prefer the Live Target frogs...

So do I but that is a $10+ frog. I get 2 for fir just over $3. I have some Live target frogs but there is always a chance of losing said lure in waters full of toothy critters. I don't mind losing $1.60 I don't like losing $10