Bucketlist fish

Locnar

A little list of fish I have never caught and would definitely like to. Some I have no idea how to go about finding them...

Burbot (No Idea)

Bowfin (No Idea)

Muskie

Carp

Freshwater Drum

Lake Troot

White Bass (No idea)

I'd really like to find some Bowfin or Burbot... but I really have no clue where to start lookin' for em... Bowfin I presume is best during the summer? But what lakes hold em?

What're your fish-to-find lists?

You can catch bowfin in the shallows in May/June in the lakes they inhabit.

I have caught them in the Honey Harbour area while chasing pike and crappies.

I have found them in the kind of areas where you will see bass spawning a little later on.

Have caught them on spinnerbaits and spoons.

My List:

Blue and Black Marlin

Rooster Fish

Bluefin Tuna

Shark: Tiger, Mako, Hammerhead, White

Nile Perch

Mahseer

Taiman

Bull Trout

Right on, thanks for the tips Drifter! Lots of those fish you mentioned I would love to catch... unfortunately I'd have to go to Africa to catch a Nile Perch... Might be a little difficult. Now to try to find out which lakes may hold Bowfin.

A little list of fish I have never caught and would definitely like to. Some I have no idea how to go about finding them...

Burbot (No Idea)

Bowfin (No Idea)

Muskie

Carp

Freshwater Drum

Lake Troot

White Bass (No idea)

I'd really like to find some Bowfin or Burbot... but I really have no clue where to start lookin' for em... Bowfin I presume is best during the summer? But what lakes hold em?

What're your fish-to-find lists?

Like Drifter said, there's a good chance for Bowfin in Southern Georgian Bay, ie Honey Harbour, Severn Sound

burbot (ling) are often caught while ice fishing for lakers, they often show up around dusk, close to the bottom, Haliburton LT lakes and Lk Temegami are good places

there's plenty of white bass and white perch in Hamilton Harbour

Edited by chris.brock

I would like to catch:

Gar (never tried... Would be fun!!)

Whitefish (they elude me so far... And I have tried!)

Of course something exotic - Arctic Char, tuna, peacock bass... Would be a hoot, too!!

We caught Burbot last year ice fishing on Nipissing (fun to catch!)... They ARE delish boiled (like lobster) with butter and garlic, but thank heavens Frankie65 knew how to clean and filet it or I would have been out of luck!

Edited by FisherJuli

LOL, I am a lot closer to the bucket than a bucket list fish, and whatever was swimming in the waters I was fishing was fine, as long as I was having fun doing it.

A 10+ bass would have been nice? but I had to lose a lot of fishing time to get to an area where they were common.