Tutoring a new rod builder and forum member (Now Completed)

Spiel

• 3 weeks later...

Well Live2fish85 (Chris) came by yesterday afternoon to apply the final coat of finish to his rod and it's now done.

A job well done I must say for a first ever go at it. He hasn't seen the end results yet, well he has if he's reading this.

I've no doubt he's itching to get out and break it in.

Here you go Chris, congratulations, it has been fun. ;)

ist1p.jpg
ist2i.jpg

Man oh man I am itching to get out with that.

Chris I can't thank you enough, really appreciate the time you have taken to teach/guide me on my first build. Will cherish this rod for ever as it is my first and was taught by a master.

I am already talking to my grandfather about building my own piece similar to the one you have Chris, for building them that is.

Again, thanks Chris. I had a blast building this rod, never would it have looked half as good as it does without your help. Hanging out with you wasn't all that bad either haha. You are are blast to hang out with Chris, made building it that much more enjoyable and easy. Thanks for letting me use your shop as well.

Now you will have to fish it with me on the river. That is once you get some free time from all the builds you have on your hands.

Thanks all. I can honestly say that if you are looking at getting a new rod talk to Chris. The man is amazing when it comes to building rods. Don't think I will ever buy another store rod.

Welcome to the club I am not even tempted by my buddies Gloomis rods any more. I think he is finding that my rods are very nice also he seems to get "confused" and picking up my rods when we are fishing in the same boat.

Art