My Newest Fishing buddy !

Toad Hunter

hey all, I know you guys don't know me personally, as many of you all do each other. But I have the new father bug and have to share with anyone that will listen. I am proud to show off my new fishing buddy Liam Austin Dykes (my we "LAD"). He was born Sat. night around 630 pm and all was well until we noticed some jaundice and had to have him in the "tanning salon" for just over 24 hours :(. But he was finally able to come home with us and Natacia and I are just glowing. I think the only feeling that could match this is when I first hear him tell me "daddy I think I got one!" (even if its just a snag). And as long as he doesn't out fish me, he will be welcome in my boat any day. Thanx for letting my gloat and Hope everyone is enjoying the day as much as I have.

2033 draft.jpg

very cool, you must be ecstatic

put a Leafs jersey on the little guy and I would have written more

congrats

Not in my house- we're a Blueshirts family (we already cheer for a losing football team, no way we want to waste money rootin for a losing hockey team as well :rofl2: )

Congrats to all of you, best time of your life, and a very special one. I remember when my son was born i tried to miss every pothole possible bringing him home.

I kept saying to him fishing fishing fishing, but his first word was mmmmmum,

Down the road if u ever have disagreements kepp to a minimum and resolve quickly, it goes to fast, our son is 17, I wish I could turn the clocks back to when he was 7,

Cherish every day, all the best.

Thanks everyone for the kind words..

Prepare yourself for, 'Dad, I need the boat to go fishing this weekend with my buds and NO, you can't come. '
Congrats!!

Then you better believe he's paying for gas :P

Congrats to all of you, best time of your life, and a very special one. I remember when my son was born i tried to miss every pothole possible bringing him home.

I kept saying to him fishing fishing fishing, but his first word was mmmmmum,

Down the road if u ever have disagreements kepp to a minimum and resolve quickly, it goes to fast, our son is 17, I wish I could turn the clocks back to when he was 7,

Cherish every day, all the best.

I can only hope the biggest disagreement is the age old walleye vs pickeral - And I've kept his receipt incase he grows up to be a NY Jets fan to spite his ol' man :rofl2:

Congrats fella... it just gets more expensive from here on out!! LOL (but I wouldn't trade fatherhood for anything in the world!)

You mean it doesn't stop at the cost of hospital parking ? :wallbash:

Man, you have every right to be proud! Go ahead and gloat all you want. This board has always been about so much more than just "fishing". Everyone here takes an active interest in others lives, and that makes it so special.

I personally am past the point of raising 3 wonderful adult Daughters ( all of whom I am extremely proud of!) and now I am moving on the the Grandchildren phase! It excites the hell out of me! LOL

I can't wait to fish with my new Grandson. Even if he does not take an active interest in it, I will make sure he is exposed to fishing and gets the opportunity to see if he enjoys it. His Dad is an avid fisherman, so the little guy has a decent chance!

Enjoy and congrats to you!