Weight Loss

Squid

Man I've lost 5 lbs reading all 7 pages of this thread .In all seriousness thank you all for the inspirational stories here, especially yours squid. Every one here that is trying to lose weight seem to be all doing very well. I started to try and lose all that pizza and ice cream I've added since the last round of golf in November just this past Sunday. Every year the weight started to come of by it's own as soon as the spring thaw started, every year now I'm in my 50's it just doesn't happen naturally, takes hard work now.

If you haven't read the blog written by Shane on this thread that he posted the link to is below, it's a must read.

http://instablogg.com/OR3kV4T

Again way to go all.

Great job Pete, you have inspired many of us.

You should be very proud of yourself.

I told this to my 86 year old mother, she says Bravo,,,,She shares your victory, years ago she was the first woman to lose 200 pounds with a registered weight lose clinic in Ontario.

I also want to thank you as u gave me things to think about, for the first time in 7 years my bp is down from the 100 range to 85 range,

THANKS

Blizz

Great work Pete !!! I have dropped 45lbs since last Oct. Down from a 52 pant to a 46., and i'm on my 8th week smoke free. When i got divorced last year, it was as if i awoke, and realized that i was going downhill fast. Decided to get a grip, so i started watching what i was eating, ate when hungry, didnt when not.Started excersizeing in my gym, treadmil, weights, stationery bike. I can do 25 situps with no problem now, and 25 rep'ing with 75lbs weigths for biceps and pecs, no problems at all.I walk 5 k every nite, and bike 10 k twice a week.I love myself now, and so does my new honey :D

Paul

Great work Pete !!! I have dropped 45lbs since last Oct. Down from a 52 pant to a 46., and i'm on my 8th week smoke free. When i got divorced last year, it was as if i awoke, and realized that i was going downhill fast. Decided to get a grip, so i started watching what i was eating, ate when hungry, didnt when not.Started excersizeing in my gym, treadmil, weights, stationery bike. I can do 25 situps with no problem now, and 25 rep'ing with 75lbs weigths for biceps and pecs, no problems at all.I walk 5 k every nite, and bike 10 k twice a week.I love myself now, and so does my new honey :D

Paul

That's fantastic Paul!! keep it up!!

Good for all of you!!!! I have packed a bunch of weight on during my chemo. I'm on some heavy steroids that have really cranked up my appetite. I can't wait for this to be over so I can start my own weight loss plan. Its called keep yer dang mouth shut after 7:30pm. Only water after then. No sweets and reasonable portions of food. That combined with lots of walking seems to do the trick for me. 30 push ups, 30 leg raises and 30 sit ups for muscle tone once some weight comes off. And the drs orders, 1000 casts for muskies once a week.

Good for all of you!!!! I have packed a bunch of weight on during my chemo. I'm on some heavy steroids that have really cranked up my appetite. I can't wait for this to be over so I can start my own weight loss plan. Its called keep yer dang mouth shut after 7:30pm. Only water after then. No sweets and reasonable portions of food. That combined with lots of walking seems to do the trick for me. 30 push ups, 30 leg raises and 30 sit ups for muscle tone once some weight comes off. And the drs orders, 1000 casts for muskies once a week.

Hope all turns out well for you BB.

Week 8 complete

All is going well and we are being prepared to go on soild food again. I still have 4 weeks to go on the shakes so solid food is still a dream. Good news on the weight loss front. Today marks the day that I officially lost 50 LBS !!! Amazing that it all happened in 8 weeks. Its looking more and more like I will lose 80 lbs that I originally thought that I would lose. I have gone from a tight 44 to a 38 and that is it for the clothes. Once the 38's start getting loose there will be a shopping spree and oh its my birthday on the 28th! Maybe I will lose 54 lbs for my 54th birthday!!! Anyways thanks for following and supporting my journey it has been a blast to say the least. I will go out this weekend and buy an 8'6'' st croix Premiere extra heavy split grip as my gift to myself for losing 50 lbs!! Until next week!!

Peter

Awesome !!!! Nothing feels better than accomplishing a goal, especially one that changes your life. You are a lean mean machine now Bud !! Enjoy the gift and happy bithday in advance. I bought a Calcutta TE and a Tekota LC as my gift with the money i saved not smokeing. I will appreciate them more when i think of that.

Congrats on the 50 lb. mark! Way to go! Amazing given the short 8 week span. Just imagine, that is like lifting 5 sacks of potatoes off your body!

Your inspiration had a very good effect on me as well. I have dropped 21 pounds in the same 8 weeks. Not as awesome as yours, but I am feeling much better all the same. We changed our eating habits and lifestyle. It is slower, but steady all the same.

Paul ( Mercman) I read your comment and way to go on the 45 lbs weight loss and not smoking for Ten weeks!!! Oh man that is awesome!!

Week 9 complete.

5 lb loss over the last week bringing the total to 55 lbs. I set a goal on January 22nd to lose 54 lbs. by my 54th birthday this Thursday. Well I BEAT IT!! All health indicators are green or better. Now the doctor is discussing the potential of me losing 100 lbs by the time I end this "diet" on June 15th. Have to tell you that it is getting boring. Losing weight every week. It is becoming like groundhog day for me. I want to move on to the next phase which is drinking it up and partying!!! LOL JK. On April 23rd we will replace one shake a day with one 300 calorie meal a day, our choice of mealtime but their choice of what we get to eat. This pattern continues for the week and then the next week we remove 2 shakes and replace with 2 meals a day and so on until May 15th. Come May 15th we will be on 4 meals a day consisting of 300 calories a meal. This will bring our total caloric intake up from 900 calories to 1200 calories. We continue see the team until the end which is June 16th. From there it is maintenance once a month for a couple of years.

I hope that all that are dieting are seeing results and are sticking to it because the results are so worth it.

. I have gone from a tight 44 to a 38 and that is it for the clothes. Once the 38's start getting loose there will be a shopping spree and oh its my birthday on the 28th!

Peter

Don't do it man.. If you can hold off on buying new cloths until you have reached your target weight and leveled off), that is a much more cost effective solution. Trust me.

My clothes stopped fitting me halfway through my weight loss. So I bought new clothes. Then I lost another 20 lbs, and all the NEW clothes that I bought didn't fit me, and I had to buy ever MORE new clothes.. And I HATE wasting money on clothes. Money is much better spent on fishing gear!!!

There'll be pics of the new, improved PeteLite on the board soon. Congrats! I was gunna say "svelte" but that kinda means slim, slender, willowy, graceful...Didn't think you'd like that. :)

Happy birthday!

What a great gift you're giving yourself.

I've also been going through the weight loss transformation. It feels great! I'm down 38 lbs since mid January. I've passed my initial goal set for end of April and set another one.

You are an inspiration.

There'll be pics of the new, improved PeteLite on the board soon. Congrats! I was gunna say "svelte" but that kinda means slim, slender, willowy, graceful...Didn't think you'd like that. :)

LOL Roy yeah not quite 'svelte' yet. Yup \i will post the first and last pic when I finish the shake portion of the diet. Thanks Trev and Blizz!! NAW, I am considering going to value village if I have to buy a few things to get me through. There is also the option of my kids clothes lol I never thought that I would fit into my 22 yrs olds clothes.

Roy,

I was okay with it until you got to the "willowy" and "graceful" part......then I lost all faith in your diagnosis! lol