Weight Loss

Squid

WEEK 10 complete!!

Hard to believe that I have been at this for 10 weeks already, wow it has just flown by. Walleye/Pickerel opener is just around the corner followed by MUSKIE!! C'mon June 1st!!, need to get over to Chris's house and have a guide replaced on my walleye rod.

I dropped 6 lbs over the last week bringing my YTD totals to 61 lbs lost. Now I am on week 11 and then finishing the 4 shake a day portion on April 16th. April 17th will be my first meal for us and I am so looking forward to it. My Bariatric doctor has commented that he is revising my goal weight loss from 80 lbs to 100 lbs. As it stands now I weigh 218 lbs in the morning on my digital scale. I have 18 lbs to go to achieve my goal weight of 200lbs and it looks like I will achieve this weight before the end of April. This will leave me two more months of dieting to lose the remaining 20 lbs to achieve the 100 pound mark. I could end up at 180 lbs which I have not seen since I was 19 years old and could climb a tree without even thinking about it. I sit here and just shake my head looking at the potential numbers that I could reach. I used to take a chair out and place it next to the truck to stand on and then step on the tailgate to get into the box. This past weekend I unloaded a cord of hardwood and basically placed my foot on the tailgate and lifted myslelf onto it. :)

Peter

Edited by Squid

Good for you Pete!!! Keep it up. I have to start my own change of lifestyle next week now that I am done chemo. I managed to put on over 50lbs in the past 6 months or so with all the steroids I was taking. My goal is 100lbs. I want to hover around the 200lb mark. I plan on being reasonable with portions, no more 16-20oz steaks with all the fixins. Long walks with the dog every night are also a big part. Thats why. I got the dog last year anyways.

Good luck! Just remember if this isn't the solution don't give up. I must have quit smoking a hundred times but one time it finally worked and have been smoke free for 12 yrs. I to am now working on the weight over the last year of ups and downs and some persistence I'm down twenty pounds. I'm hoping to drop another twenty this year to get my goal. Your health is worth it but don't give up!

Way to go Family guy. Yes this is the solution for me. There will be no other diets in the future as this lifestyle change is permanent for me. My past history of being a sports fanatic is rearing it's ugly head. I am already booked for indoor ball hockey through the summer inside an arena and I have signed up for hockey next fall and that will be 3 times a week at a minimum. Add to that weight lifting - walking/ running and you have quite the excercise program. My fitness particpation will be way higher than the average 54 yr olds excercise regime.

Wow, this thread has got fairly big.

Transforming your lifestyle instantly CAN be done (Often due to a scare/doctor's orders), but is VERY hard.

Often if you incorporate small gradual changes it is much easier. It can be as simple as cutting out pop, or cream+sugar in your coffee. Target one small goal at a time and once you feel it is a habit (They say it takes 21 days) move on.Gradual changes in diet/exercise makes it easier to be successful in the long run. Easier said then done, it is a constant battle to lead a healthy lifestyle.

If anyone wants to PM me on my two cents in terms of workout/gym routines etc, feel free. I would not consider myself an expert but I have a decent background in fitness/exercise. My degree is in kinesiology, I'm a qualified high school phys.ed teacher, and worked as a personal trainer in university.

• 2 weeks later...

Week 12 complete!!!

212 lbs from 283 in January. On four shakes a day I lost 71 lbs. Truly amazing stuff!! I started wearing a size 46 and I am now trying on size 36 which I may add are loose :)

Tomorrow begins with a new chapter in this journey. We start replacing one shake a day with a meal, 300 cals mind you, for the week. Next week its two 300 cal meals and two shakes and so on until May 15th where I am off of shakes for good. The remaining 6 weeks will be 1200 calories a day eating four meals. I will post the very first picture I took of myself and one from today.