Weight Loss

Squid

Week 5 complete.

Blood pressure without the meds is at normal or just below,normal being 120/80. My tests are coming back positive so the body is running very smotthly right now. Feel great and skating much better now that I am down 34.8 lbs and counting. Weight loss for las week was another 5 lbs. This Saturday will be the halfway point in the diet and I have yet to cheat. We started with 16 people in the group and as of today we are down to 9.

Yes Sinc this takes discipline and a TONNE of willpower. End game is on April 22nd; we begin coming off of the shakes.One meal replaces one shake daily for a week and the following week it is 2 meals 2 shakes etc. until May 7th which is my end date. We continue to go to class for another 4 weeks for maintenance and more meal planning, portion control and nutrition classes right to the end. The staff provide you with all the necessary tools to succeed once you are set free. From there we can go to maintenance classes monthly for up to two years or so they say. All in all tons of mental support and medical oversight as we progress through this weight loss life altaring program.

Edited by Squid

Awesome Squid. I recently made a change in diet too, feel amazingly different. It blows my mind how a change so simple to make can pay off so quick. This diet is not so popular here it seems, but it makes sense to me. And if you feel good doing what your doing and your getting positive results.... HK (who cares) what others think.

Keep it going pal. May have a hard time recognizing you down at the launch now a days huh?

edit.. diet is a bad word... more of a lifestyle change.

Edited by Harrison

Well I'm really proud of you Pete!!! It does take willpower and determination, and you are doing exceedingly well IMO!

I started a "lifestyle" change the same time you started this one and I'm down 12 lbs now and have 14 to go to get where I want to be. Some days are easier than others, but when you see results, it makes it all worth it. Your clothes must be falling off you now. Have you gone on a shopping spree for new clothes (that's the best part) :)

Keep up the good work bud. Can't wait to see the end results and I'm very happy to hear they will be counselling you in the after part of it. That is not easy either but it sounds like they are very professional and know what they are doing.

Doctors visits are all covered by OHIP along with the classes. The shakes are 80 dollars a week. Nothing but water, and 4 shakes a day is the life style change.

Thanks Joey. Way to go on the weight loss and yes when you see the results your spirits soar!! No new clothes yet. When I am past size 40 is when the fun starts.

Thanks for all the kind words. What a journey..

Week 6 complete and feeling great!! weight loss of 4.6 pounds and a total of 38.2 lbs. Its all down hill from here on in!! The weight loss has re-invigorated my desire to play hockey. I signed up as a pool player in the Burlington old timers and I already have a game tomorrow, my usual Friday and a Saturday. Looks like I will have no trouble finding exercise. To all the dieters out there, keep it up it is worth it!!

Week 7 complete: 5.6 lb weight loss over the last week. I am now down into the 230's and going strong. It has been quite a journey so far with the body throwing stuff at you to try and rattle you. Now I am fighting insomnia. But this could be due to me playing hockey 4 times last week :) Doctor told me today to STOP it. Go for a light skate during public skating and pick up with the guys on Fridays is ok too but beyond that no more :( I have so much more energy now. My garage is spic and span now. I installed new shelving with hooks and managed to clean up the entire garage. Into size 40 pants from a 46 and the 40's are starting to get loose now. As I mentioned before, I have pants to size 38 but I will need new shirts within the next week.

Being an fat man for all these years has taught me an appreciation for the daily battle that we go through just to get ready for work. No wonder heavier people have a higher metabolism, we need it. Be kind to folks that are carrying extra weight. It is not an easy life by any stretch of the imagination.