Weight Loss

Squid

Good luck...In the last 3 months I have moved to a DASH like diet. I wouldn't say its a full dash by an means but I have cut out alot of sodium and other crap and its helped me lose weight gradually. I got off track abit over the holidays but am back on now. I have found it to be fairly easy and the biggest change as be substituting carbs and red meats with more vegetables.

I don't buy the cave man diet myself as on many levels it does not make sense to me but that said you should see results as it shares alot of the same premises with many healthy diets in that is big on fruits and vegetables and lean meats and cuts out the salt and sugars which are found in processed foods.

I think what turns me off the caveman diet is how restrictive it is if followed correctly.

Edited by torco

Corn isn't actually a vegetable, it's a grain. Corn is also the most genetically modified crop on the planet.

Corn and Soy are hard to avoid unless you learn all the different names they go by.

Here's a dirty example of a listed ingredient you'll see lots of places, and never realize it is corn:

Vanilla extract = corn

Natural Vanilla extract = real vanilla

There are almost a hundred different names corn goes by in processed foods.

It's scary stuff. The more I research the more I want to move off the grid, raise my own animals and grow my own vegetables. No joke.

What are your thoughts on Pork Rinds....any info??? :tease:

What are your thoughts on Pork Rinds....any info??? :tease:

Your ridiculous , enjoy your McDonald's and Doritos . Your obviously misinformed on the topic of paleo diet. My breakfast yesterday was sprouts , one egg and some grilled chicken. Lunch was raw carrots, peppers and grilled chicken. Dinner was roast beef on the smoker for 5 hours) , salad, carrots, and cauliflower. The beef and chicken all come from my dads farm , no hormone implants in the beef and the chickens aren't pumped full of antibiotics.

Now I cheat, I do eat salad dressing , and make my own BBQ sauce using honey as a base instead of sugar.

I'll eat pork rinds , as long as they don't come from a factory

Edited by Freshtrax

English muffin for breakfast and a glass of OJ or a swig of Pepsi... Peanut butter sandwich for lunch or sometimes I get lucky and Leah makes me a Grilled Cheese. Supper, what ever I find on the table or I'll be making it myself ! 4 litres of Pepsi at minimum per day.... 191 and holding @ 50 years old.

... and yes that Pepsi is now diet sans sugar! With normal pepsi I was up to 228!.. and that's the ONLY change I made!

Edited by irishfield

I eat what I want, when I want...

Just know, that I'll be smilin when I hear some of you guys groan, when yer carrying my over weight box at my funeral!

Salad is not a meal, it's a promisary note of food to come... sage words to live by!

Chicken is not meat, why else do they have a poultry section at the grocer store?

Pop will kill yah! LOL

HH

Your ridiculous , enjoy your McDonald's and Doritos . Your obviously misinformed on the topic of paleo diet. My breakfast yesterday was sprouts , one egg and some grilled chicken. Lunch was raw carrots, peppers and grilled chicken. Dinner was roast beef on the smoker for 5 hours) , salad, carrots, and cauliflower. The beef and chicken all come from my dads farm , no hormone implants in the beef and the chickens aren't pumped full of antibiotics.

Now I cheat, I do eat salad dressing , and make my own BBQ sauce using honey as a base instead of sugar.

I'm not sure how your meal regimen helped prove your point..

To the op. sorry we let this get of topic. i hope your holding strong and keep us updated.

Rich,

Just sticking up for Sinclair . Everyone seems to think eating paleo means steak, steak, steak and more steak. Allot of people poke fun, and say its unhealthy ( most of my friends that did are the ones feeding their kids Kraft dinner and frozen pizzas multiple times a week) I started eating the way Sinclair does and have honestly never felt better. For the most part it means not eating processed foods. I thought it proved my point. I'll eat pork rinds if I want to. As long as they don't come from a factory, just like the rest of the food I put in my body.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

I apologized for the Doritos part via pm. I couldn't help it he is a Habs fan

Edited by Freshtrax

To the op. sorry we let this get of topic. i hope your holding strong and keep us updated.Rich,Just sticking up for Sinclair . Everyone seems to think eating paleo means steak, steak, steak and more steak. Allot of people poke fun, and say its unhealthy ( most of my friends that did are the ones feeding third kids Kraft dinner and frozen pizzas multiple times a week) I started eating the way Sinclair does and have honestly never felt better. For the most part it means not eating processed foods. I thought it proved my point. I'll eat pork rinds if I want to. As long as they don't come from a factory, just like the rest of the food I put in my body. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

My girlfriend is gluten free/paleo, she lives with me.. I pretty much get how it works. Haha. I try to keep up but I have given up a lot of indulgences , smoking being the last... After the things that have gone through my body, I'm not afraid of a cheeseburger once in a while. To each their own. My girlfriend has been on the diet 5 months and does not feel better, nor worse, nor different.

Losing weight is all about making healthier choices for yourself. I have found the best way is to not eat anything after 8pm, cut down the amount of starchs I eat and stay away from fast food. The best advice was given to me by a cardiologist regarding vegetables, eat all you want of veggies that grow above the ground, limit your intake of those that grow below the ground. Stay away from WHITE, whether it be bread, sugar or potatoes. Good luck fellas.

True pork rinds are a great breading substitute for fish or chicken while your on a ketogenic diet. I'll dip my fish in eggs and roll them in a mix of crushed pork rinds with some pepper flakes then fry em in butter. Now thats diet food

Drool.....

HH

I have a jar of Uncle Josh Pork Rinds your welcome too, there the frog pattern

Awesome Pete! Keep at it!

You have inspired me to do something as well. My Wife started "Weight Watchers" last week..and basically, I just watch her! LOL

I'm staying on the same program as her so we shall see where this takes us.

There is no way in hell that I'm going to write down everything I eat and keep track of "points"...but a change in lifestyle and eating habits is a great idea.