Weight Loss

Squid

How you holding up Pete?

Here's some food (shakes) for thought.

I recently lost a pile of weight. So I decided to have some fun and crunch some numbers.

I lost 50 lbs. I drive a VW Golf. I commute 30,000 km a year in my car. Due to the reduced weight in my car, I get marginally better fuel economy. The math tells me $90 a year. That's about 9 Baconators biggy sized. Or a free Tim's double double for every time I fill up with gas.

LOL NAW!!

Todays total is 7.2 lbs. For a grand total of 18 pounds over the last two weeks. The doctor took me off of one of my blood pressure medication so that is another positive. This weeks goal it to start walking every night and get back into light weight lifting to get the muscles going,

Good job bud! Keep it up......as I said before screw the naysayers, if it works for you then that's all that matters. Soon your gonna have to start going to work nakid unless Sue has some "new Pete" clothes for you.

what about the hunger pains-do you get them? They are very hard to ignore.

Dar I will not lie about the hunger pains. If you go beyond the 4hr intervals then yes you will experience some light hunger pains. I was not sure if I had eaten at 9PM last night so I had to ask the wife. I could have gone to bed without the shake because I was not hungry. The number 1 complaint regarding this diet is that most patients have a hard time getting the fourth shake in.

Good job bud! Keep it up......as I said before screw the naysayers, if it works for you then that's all that matters. Soon your gonna have to start going to work nakid unless Sue has some "new Pete" clothes for you.

Yup nakid is not an option LOL. New clothes by the end of the month for sure. I am already struggling to keep in the clothes that I wear now.

Edited by Squid

New clothes by the end of the month for sure. I am already struggling to keep in the clothes that I wear now.

Walmart man! I've had to drop a few hundred on new clothes this month.

Worth it though. And incentive to keep the weigh OFF.

Ok week three is complete. I have been removed from one of my BP pills and now the second one will be taken away next week!! One of my goals was to get off the meds and it is coming to fruition. Pressure without the 1st pill is now 117/70 used to be 155/95 with meds. Weight loss for this week is 6 lbs bringing the total to 23 lbs in 3 weeks!! Never felt better or stronger. It is going to be a great summer!!

Ok week three is complete. I have been removed from one of my BP pills and now the second one will be taken away next week!! One of my goals was to get off the meds and it is coming to fruition. Pressure without the 1st pill is now 117/70 used to be 155/95 with meds. Weight loss for this week is 6 lbs bringing the total to 23 lbs in 3 weeks!! Never felt better or stronger. It is going to be a great summer!!

That's amazing! 23 lbs in 3 weeks! Congratulations.

I've also been working on losing weight. I broke my leg in September and gained about 15 lbs. was about 12 weeks till I was able to play hockey again but now I'm back and working hard. I'm down 18 lbs in 4 weeks.

I know how you feel, more energy, more mobile. It's great! Keep it up.