splake tomorrow??-results

Rod Caster

Jeremy84 and I are meeting up for the first time tomorrow to fish a small lake for fake trout (splake) near north bay. If anyone else would like to join us, please send me a PM.

Plan is to meet at 10AM. Bring ice picks, floater suit etc just to be as safe as possible. Ice should be at 4", but we will be playing it slow and safe.

Edited by Rod Caster

Good luck Chad, hope u get some. How's the ice forming?

We've had good ice forming weather this week. Small, sheltered lakes are becoming safe and nipissing has a skim of ice.

I'm jealous. But you want to hit some of those lakes up hwy 63 we talked about last year at some point this winter?

I wont be too far from that location whistling.gif If your travelling this way, give me a heads up....

Jeremy84 and I met up for the first time and had a great day on a small lake. The ice wasn't as good as I had thought, so we could not reach my honey hole but that's ok. We had nice weather and managed to catch one splake. JoeyT showed up later with some friends and they also caught a single fish.

Nice meeting you Jeremy!

100_0079-1_zps30161581.jpg

100_0078-2_zpsc231a09a.jpg

100_0076-2_zps9f8efc88.jpg

100_0072-1_zpsb3eee9db.jpg

Nice fish.

Now explain that contraption. :dunno:

haha, those are the new tipup designs from Jigerr.com. I've been giving them a try and so far they work quite well...they caught me the only fish todaythumbsup_anim.gif

There is nothing fancy about them, they just have a very unique look. Nice and simple and very easy to store/carry around.

Good to see the ice. Bonus u got a couple of fish. Your tip up "contraption" is unique. I see there are different settings for the line placement. Is that for smaller to heavier fish?

In a sense, yes. It essentially increases or decreases the sensitivity of the tip....I moved it to the front-heavy position for the splake so I could see any small hits.

Jeremy84 and I met up for the first time and had a great day on a small lake. The ice wasn't as good as I had thought, so we could not reach my honey hole but that's ok. We had nice weather and managed to catch one splake. JoeyT showed up later with some friends and they also caught a single fish.

Nice meeting you Jeremy!

100_0072-1_zpsb3eee9db.jpg

Uhhh... I'm hurt Chad :o Your not even using your other fishing apparel <_<:blink: No wonder you only caught one with this thing :P;):lol:

Weird looking contraption if you ask me :sarcasm::P:lol:

Over here not even close to getting on the hard stuff yet :wallbash: so good on you for getting out B):good: