Still some good folks around

lew

We went into town this morning and did the weekly grocery shopping, then while I was loading the bags in the truck, my wife went to the stores ATM and withdrew some money.

Hours later at home, Diane went into her purse for something and realized the $160 she'd withdrawn wasn't there. We looked everywhere but couldn't find it.

She took a longshot and called Foodland and sure enough, some honest sole had found the cash laying on the floor beside the ATM and turned it in to the store manager.

We drove the 8 miles back into town to pick up the money and hoped the person had left their name and address so we could reward them for their honestly, but they didn't leave it, they just handed in the loot and went about their business.

Sure is nice knowing there's still good folks in this world. :thumbsup_anim:

Wow Lew. We all know that that's how is should work but not everyone is built that way. Glad Diane got her cash back. I'm sure that the folks involved in getting it back to her never have problems falling asleep at nights. There are some good people around still and if we can't see them face to face, we could at least continue the tradition.

We went into town this morning and did the weekly grocery shopping, then while I was loading the bags in the truck, my wife went to the stores ATM and withdrew some money.

Hours later at home, Diane went into her purse for something and realized the $160 she'd withdrawn wasn't there. We looked everywhere but couldn't find it.

She took a longshot and called Foodland and sure enough, some honest sole had found the cash laying on the floor beside the ATM and turned it in to the store manager.

We drove the 8 miles back into town to pick up the money and hoped the person had left their name and address so we could reward them for their honestly, but they didn't leave it, they just handed in the loot and went about their business.

Sure is nice knowing there's still good folks in this world. thumbsup_anim.gif

thumbsup_anim.gif

You'd know--you're one of them

ID1

Thanks guys, nice to hear everyone likes a feel good story.

Ok Lew, it was me. What's the reward again? Lol

And Cliff, yer a good man, but I spent all the loot last night so you'll just have to settle for an attaboy :lol:

That never would have happened had you lived here in Toronto.

The problem with big city living is that people only look out for themselves. Big egos and attitudes are the norm here. Arrogant people that don't realize there's a whole other world from their concrete jungle that exists.

I need to move out of here to a place where people still say hello to each other.

That is a lot of money for someone to give back.

A good deed for sure. :thumbsup_anim:

That never would have happened had you lived here in Toronto.

The problem with big city living is that people only look out for themselves. Big egos and attitudes are the norm here. Arrogant people that don't realize there's a whole other world from their concrete jungle that exists.

I need to move out of here to a place where people still say hello to each other.

Actually, not long ago went to ATM at bank at Bloor/Christie here in Toronto. Took out cash but for some reason forgot to take cash when dispensed. Went back to car and realized i forgot cash. On the way back fellow approached me to give my money. He was behind me in line for ATM. People are decent everywhere but there are WAY more chances for bad apples in city due to heavy population. If go just to Oshawa its like a ghost town.

Sure is nice knowing there's still good folks in this world. thumbsup_anim.gif

See Lew and Diane, you moved to the honest part of the country, with that in mind Stacy does have a few more 11 inch fruity Sledges with your name on it, after you buy your better half a new purse of course.